Adhesive Capsulitis (frozen shoulder)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susigirl53, Feb 17, 2007.

1. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

A few years back I went through the nightmare of AC in my left shoulder. I have started having similiar symptoms in my right...with limited range of motion and severe pain. Is anyone familiar with the relationship between this problem and fibromyalgia?
  2. nightngale

nightngale New Member

I think I have TOS but the docs saying no. SSSooooo tired,,,,more later.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

susiegirl:

I have also asked for injections and the doctor said 'no'.
    I asked him 'why not' and he said that he would have to do more than just one area.

I did not push it. So far is pretty good, but you know what I believe? After a while they want to get rid of you, especially if they are prescribing hard-core meds.

I hope that is not true of my doctor. However they do have malpractice insurance and seem to be more 'guarded' in their treatment of patients.

Just my thoughts...

nyrofan
  4. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

It may help to see if you have trigger points in the shoulder area. If so, you will need to have them deactivated. This will ease the frozen shoulder. If you haven't already done so, get the book, The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies to see where all the trigger points are and how you can release them. I find it most helpful for hubby to roll a tennis ball on the offending trigger points. He can feel knots there and he marks the spots with a permanent marker the day before I go into get physical therapy. She works on these areas and releases them.

Best of luck,
    Mini
  5. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I got that shoulder and neck deal too. I walk with a cane so I am trying to walk with the cane on the other side but my hand and wrist are really bad on that side.
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

I got this in both shoulders at different times. I went to physical therapy and he taught me how to stretch it properly, gave me a rubber "band" to tie to something at home (a newel post) to use to exercise it loose.

It worked! It was painful to do, but it stopped the 2nd one dead in its tracks when it tried to freeze up too!

Do try the trigger points suggestion; it is probably the most accurate I've seen and you can catch it early if it recurs.

findmind
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

this back up top for others~