Adjusting the volume on !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

To anyone out there who knows more than I do about the computer. The only way I know to adjust the volume is on the little plus and minus sign on the left side of the computer. It is NOT a key. I have a Windows 7 computer.

I have been trying to practice some music on Youtube. DH makes everything very low that I cannot even here. However, he only uses the plus and minus signs also. When I try and make it louder on Youtube that doesn't seem to help making youtube music very loud at all. I can hardly hear it.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks so much for any help in advance.

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Do your computer speakers not have a volume control?
  3. Granniluvsu

TigerLilea - I have no idea. I guess they probably do but where would they be? Need to check it out unless someone can tell me where it might be. My computer has window 7 and is a Toshiba. Forgot the year, I guess a few years old at least. Gotta run for now. Will try and check it out. I can't get over that they don't sell computer with books or else they don't tell you much about them . I will have to do some searching. Maybe google. I tried before but was in a hurry . Thanks !
    Granni :)
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

My speakers have a controller which has the volume knob on it for turning the sound up or down. I also have a volume control on my keyboard.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Granni

Yup. My sitcheeation is like Tiger Lilea's. A volume knob on one of the 3 speakers, and
    a volume control on the computer. On my computer, the volume control is on the bottom
    of the screen. I click a button that has an arrow on it, and various controls are revealed.
    (The only one I comprehend is the volume.)

Happy listening.
  6. Granniluvsu

Hi all,

Typing on my phone -ugh!
    Feeling so dumb :)!
    I don't see any speakers. Could in the computer?

7. Granniluvsu

Thanks a lot Diane. I will try that. Yes, I do have what is considered a Laptop. However, if is bigger than most in size. I will try what you mentioned. It must be internal, not outside separate speakers here. Our son who is well versed in computers set us up and didn't say a thing about speakers So I am guessing they are internal. Yes, this is a Toshiba

I thought of asking you personally but I know you are busy and have a lot on your mind so didn't want to bother you about it.

Hope things are straightening out and starting to feel better for you. Thinking about you and all our Porch Pals who have had difficulties of late. :(

I just printed out your info an will try it now. Thanks again SO MUCH for your thoughtfulness and lengthly reply.

Love ya,
    Granni :)
  8. Granniluvsu

I think this may have helped at least some. Of course the music I want to listen to is really soft and hard to hear the soloist especially. I tried a few other pieces of music and they are l little better so it might partially be the audio on their side ( of the people who made the video).

You mentioned the adjusting the volume on Youtube. Is that something different or what I just did or tried to do off the control panel??

Good luck on your counseling appt. To bad you have to wait for it. Guess it could be worse. TTYL !