adminlawjudge question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desertbreeze, Jun 4, 2006.

1. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

hi could any one tell me what kind of questions the alj will ask me at my hearing. what can i expect to happen there.

does it last long i do have an attorney. im just getting nervous. any reply will help. fibro women ren
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I haven't had one yet but if you will type in ALJ Hearing in the search box above and click "Title" you will see questions and answers that were previously posted on the message board about ALJ Hearing.

Hope this will help you,

Good Luck

BlueSky555

PS: Took me a while to figure that out.
  3. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

thanks so much. ren
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I appeared before an ALJ about 8 mos. ago in California without an Attorney. I thought if there was any chance of winning my case, I would have retained one! The heaaaring for me lasted approx. 40mins. They had a Doctor appt. by the Court to evaluate my medical condition and an expert in work related issues regarding illnesses or injuries and ability to preform duties related to my work history and or educational background. Basically, they are looking for a reason or reasons why you cannot perform "employable" skills in the present day market place. In my case it was the medical documentation of consistant and persistant fatigue do to Chirrosis of the Liver due to Ironoverload disease. The CF was not a litigous factor in my case as I had not been diagnosed with it at that time.
    The Doctor appt. by the court stated that I was unable to perform any substantial work as to my medical condition.
    Surprisingly, the Judge found my testimony "undoubtedly Credible". I tried to be honest and sincere with all my answers and did not attempt to embellish my situation. This I feel was the most important factor in the successful conclusion to my case! Let your Attorney gide you thru the procedure and only answer the questions directly presented to you. Best wishes,
    MRDAD
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

My husband was with me. I wore simple clothes, clean, neat, not fancy, not expensive and not fashionable...just a long cotton skirt and a blouse....no makeup, a little lip gloss, no perfume, simple earrings, flat shoes. I used my cane. Hair was combed neat, not too stylish. I didn't want to give the impression that I had the energy to dress up, but I didn't want to look like I was too depressed to care about my appearance.

As far as I can remember, the judge asked what I am able to do on a typical day. I was honest and told him that my life had changed drastically and that I needed my husband's assistance for cleaning, cooking, shopping. At one point my husband and I both started to cry when we admitted that we could not longer could socialize and have friends over.

I find that is it helpful to show that you feel that your worst days are the norm for you. There is no such thing as a good day. I let him know that I truly miss working and having a normal, pain-free day.

Hope this helps.
    Lolalee