Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Apr 21, 2012.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

Sorry to keep posting so much but not responding well to the adrenacalm I hate this so bad . I do not know why but it upsets my stomach and making me feel on edge but that could be weather related 2 but stomach yuck !!! Just so frustrated do not know weather to give it another day or just quit. I just want something to help!!!!!!! I called to check into relora running out of options!!!!
  2. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

I always use Nux Vomica 30x for stomoach problems. They're cheap and do not have side effects. I have been using them for years. Peppermint tea may also help.
  3. crickett

crickett New Member

Thank you all so much for being here . I have been drinking ginger tea for my stomach just so tired of feeling like crap. I'm just so desperate to get better so I can drive again and get a break from anxiety. Depression I've got to get better for my sons wedding we all know how bad this stuff is . Thanks for listening
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Yeah, I would try the relora. It is supposed to lower cortisol. I've never tried it but think it gets good reviews.

l-theanine (an amino acid) is also very good for anxiety. It helps the brain produce GABA, a calming neurotransmitter. You take it on an empty stomach and can take it during the day as well as evening.

One more thing - have you ever tried meditation? Done regularly, it can help so much with stress and will help lower cortisol levels. It is really powerful, though you have to do it faithfully to see results. There are lots of relaxation and meditation CDs out there. One very good CD which I have used is called Calm and Confident Based on EMDR by Mark Grant. It's not a meditation CD, but it is extremely relaxing and also helps you deal with whatever you're having trouble with. I recommend it very highly.

An excellent book which is an easy read and gives a good introduction to meditation is called The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson. It's an oldie but goodie, and outlines a very simple technique. Dr. Benson is a cardiologist who was surprised to find that people who meditated were able to lower their blood pressure.

Good luck Crickett! I am sure something will help before the wedding - congratulations, by the way!

Best wishes,