ADRENAL EXPERTS OUT THERE!! NEED OPINION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skierchik, Jan 11, 2006.

1. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I'm pretty sure that cortisol and adrenal-immune disfunction are my problems. What would be the best plan of attack?? Due to my Juvenile Diabetes I'm alway a little nervous about trying stuff on my own.

Should I contact the Clymer Healing Center and pay out of pocket or should I use Dr. Wilson's protocol on his website which could also add up dollar wise, or should I just go to my vitamin store and buy some adrenal support, not really knowing what to buy?????

I should tell you that I did buy, 3 days ago, NatraBio Adrenal Support out of desparation from getting the influenza for the 3rd time thus far, and I've been feeling pretty well... until last night. I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep. I checked my blood sugar and it was good, but I felt kinda buzzed or a little shocky feeling. I thought for sure my blood sugar was high, but it wasn't!!

Any suggestions??

skierchik
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Skierchic!,
    Boy, since you've got diabetis, you really need professional advice. I would, and have payed out of pocket to get the help I needed. I use raw adrenal glandulars, and feel they help, but I'm not diabetic. I think it's very much worth the out of pocket expense to get good medical help. You really have to have someone who knows what they can use with your diabetis.

Good Luck!
    K.
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I agree. I might have a doctor on my plan who can help me.

Not sure if he'll see me.

skierchik
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

I have adrenal gland exhaustion. Doc has me on 25 mg of cortef and 25 mg of DHEA. I was diagnosed 4 years ago. The downside of being on cortef is Im always getting infections. Ive changed my diet drastically so Im hoping that will hope. No more dairy products, bread or sugar. Im taking glutathione. Get tested for Addison's disease (which is adrenal gland exhaustion).
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Personally, I'd need help with this one (I think adrenal issues can actually be pretty complicated) and I DON'T have diabetes. If it were me I'd want to be able to see a doctor or knowledgeable health professional in person to deal with this, so I could ask every question & get as much info as possible.

Good luck with this, I hope you are feeling better soon!

Pam
  6. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Skierchik,

I went to a new doctor this week and he gave me dessicated adrenal tablets to take twice a day. I went to the website listed with the tablets (standardprocess dot com) and they are actually bovine adrenals.

From what I could read these tablets are organic in nature. Give it a look and then maybe go to a doc that is interested in alternative healing.

Good luck,
    auntyem

PS: Thanks for the tidbit about the detox foot pads!
  7. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Adrenal stuff really does require a doc. who knows his stuff.

I have adrenal fatigue, and cfs, - having been tested for 24 hour cortisol levels. I think this should be your first step. It would give confirmation of a diagnosis re. adrenal function and give you some benchmarks to work with.

If your adrenal function is really low, I would not waste money on herbal supplements or just getting stuff out of desperation - I have done it myself and have had very little success. I say this because I tried several and none of them worked for me. I have also had a course of hydrocortiosone, which did not agree with me, and I am now taking bovine adrenal extracts from Teitelbaum's site. I believe that the bovine extracts are helping me - slowly. I also have a Herbalism programme where I have to boil up the herbal mix every 2 days and drink the juice. I am doing this with the help of a doc. who does know what he is doing.

Having diabetes makes your situation even more complicated. If I were you I would
    1. have the saliva test to see if your adrenals are fatigued
    2. find a doc. or clinic who know about adrenal fatigue and diabetes and who is on your side.

Good luck

8. skierchik

skierchik New Member

pjsmonster - I will think about the Clymer Healing Center. I have an appt. with a doctor who was highly recommended to me, but I don't know much about him other than he's an internist.

I haven't skied Vail in a long time. I usually go to Winter Park/MaryJane because I have a season pass there. Havn't been able to ski in a month or so and it's killing me cause they're getting tons of snow. Best year we've had in many years and I can't go. It's pure torture!! You teleskiers amaze me. I tried it a couple of times when I was healthier and it was a blast.

Thanks again

jfrustrated- good advice. Sounds like we have the same issues at least with CFS and adrenals. I also have Hashimoto's and none of the endos out here in Colorado have helped me. They just won't take the time. I will check out Teitelbaum's site. I don't think I've been on it before.

Thanks,

skierchik
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them either. Even for a diabetic they are perfectly safe. they aren't artificial hormones that can tip our body's delicate balance too far the other way if we take the wrong dose, and they don't have side effects either.

Between the glandular combos I'm takeing (mainly adrenal and dessicated liver, w/ weaker thyroid combo) and the light therapy lamp I finally tried this winter, I've erradicated the hell of over 15 yrs of seasonal SAD, and am slowly weaning off my a.d.

I wouldn't recommend taking adrenal herbal combos. If you are diabetic esp. herbs are powerful meds to be respected and can have such unpredictable effects on us w/ our quirky FM/CFS syndromes, and diabetes can only compound this unpredictability. But glands are perfectly safe and many cultures consume them, even raw sometimes, as delicassies. Cultures, I may add, that are known for better health and longevity than ours. Do try combinations of glandulars though since our glands function and malfunction together, and one gland can't never fails alone.

Jeanne