ADRENAL FAILURE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TXFMmom, Oct 6, 2006.

1. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I went for my second IV IG treatment yesterday, and discovered that my adrenal cortisol is only 0.8 which is failure, and my ACTH was 5 with 6 being the low of norm.

My doc has one of these call in and get your lab study things, and she said that my Cortisol was normal in that, and then the office called and said it was "low" and I needed to see an endocrinologist, who can't work me in until November 14. My internist had demurred on the scans, etc. to permit the endocrinologist to do it, but I AM GOING TO GO BACK, AND DEMAND THAT AN ULTRASOUND, CAT SCAN, MRI, AND ANY OTHER SCAN BE DONE NOW.

After completing the IV IG, I wanted to see the labs, and the Nursing Assistant did get them, and I nearly fainted when I saw the Cortisol. The Nurse Practitioner wanted to start me on 10 mg. of Prednisone but I had to talk with my eye doc first, as I have glaucoma.

At any rate, I shall have to start the prednisone, or die, but some of you may have read that I saw my shrink back six months ago, who did the cortisol, AND FAILED TO ALERT ME, AND I HAD BEEN DESPERATELY SICK WHEN I SAW HIM AND HE RIDICULED ME AND SAID SOME UNPLEASANT THINGS,AND THEN YELLED AT ME FOR NOT COMING BACK TO DISCUSS THE FINDINGS, WHEN I TOLD HIM THAT HIS POLICY IS THAT THEY WOULD CALL OR WRITE TO ALERT LAB FINDINGS, AND HE SAID, WELL WE DID, AND I SAID NO YOU DIDN'T AND HIS CONTACT SHEET WAS EMPTY ON THE ISSUE, MEANING THAT GOD, OR HE, FORGOT TO TELL ME.

Six months this went on, my lymphocytes went to zero, practically, and I am very, very angry with him.

I think they just all missed it because I am overweight. If you're fat, they just put everything on that, and overlook what they should be testing.
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have to agree with you the only thing that is worse then being fat is going threw menopause and having FM/CFS. Being a women with any of these things seems to delay doctors in any serious health care for us.

I am very sorry this happen to you and I hope you get well soon .Also Please hold them responsible so this does not happen to anyone else.