adrenal fatigue? How do you know?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Aug 20, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I am having a number of blood tests done at the end of this month, and I don't know if the test for adrenal is in it. Is it done by blood? Do you need to ask for is specifically? Should I call my doctor back and tell him I need this one done too? What are the symptoms of adrenal fatigue?
    HELP!!
  2. karalyn

karalyn New Member

Adrenal fatigue?
  3. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue by my holistic doctor. And yes, it was done by a blood test.

I don't know what type of doctor you are seeing. An endocrinologist might know what test to do. I would suggest you call the doctor who's doing the blood tests and ask him to do this specifically. If he doesn't know about it, you might try an endocrinologist or holistic doctor.

Maybe other people here might have a better answer than what I gave you!

Good luck!!!!

BxGirl

P.S. - I'm not 100% sure of what the symptoms of adrenal fatigue are, but I think one of them would be fatigue.

P.P.S. - Try doing a search here for "adrenal fatigue" to see what other people have written![This Message was Edited on 08/20/2005]
  4. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I was recently diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. It was done with blood test. The nurse practioner I see just told me about 2 weeks ago.

I would suggest asking your doctor about this.

My symptoms were complete exhaustion. There is a website, adrenal fatigue.com and it will explain a little to you. There is also a book Adrenal Fatigue by Wilson.

Good luck, cc
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I will check out that website and do a search on it in here too!BTW, who is your fav inspirational author?
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am reading the book 'Adrenal Fatigue' by Wilson now. I liked the tests they give you, its really interesting.

Razorqueen, if you are really interested, get the book. It could be very helpful if you do test positive.

Lots, and lots of good information in it, and I am only on page 106 :)

Shalom, Shirl