adrenal insufficiency..what cha think Madwolf

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Jan 12, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

so after taking armour for 2-3 weeks. 120mg dosage to start (to high) I have now gone off. Madwolf and several others said because I felt so poopy while on meds I might have adrenal insufficiency. Yuk! is this something that can be treated with supplements? I am going to have doc lower dosage of armour to 30mg as suggested here. Should I sit back and see if this dosage is good for me before I talk to him about adrenal stuff??? Thanks Madwolf for the support you give on this board.
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

....and can't help with your thyroid meds, but I can tell you that Vitamin B5, (Pantothenic Acid) can be taken for a couple of months at doses as high as 125 mgs. daily to help your Adrenals. If you don't have high blood pressure, Siberian Ginseng can also help. Some swear by licorice root, but again, you must not take it if you have high blood pressure, unless you can find the deglycerizzed form of it. The amino-acid d-l phenylalanine can also help with this and with depression, but it too must not be taken by those with a high BP, and must be pulsed at 8wks. on, then 8 wks. off.
    Klutzo

[ advertisement ]