Adrenal Insufficiency

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Frenchiemom, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Frenchiemom

Frenchiemom New Member

Hi. I'm brand new to message boards/chat rooms etc. so excuse me if I don't know the protocol. I've had fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome for many years now and currently am not working and am fighting with social security for benefits.
    My doctor, (very good doctor, by the way) also has diagnosed adrenal insuficiency; my DHEA and cortisol have always been on the low side, and I've been taking small amounts to supplement,but my latest labs showed by DHEA and cortisol to be almost non-existent. We're going to retest, but has anyone else had this problem? I'm so fatigued I can barely function and of course my husband doesn't understand. My doc sent me to an endocronologist, but I also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Wilson's syndrome and all he was concerned about was how my other doc was successfully treating that in a manner he did not agree with. He wouldn't even listen to my problems with the adrenals. Any advise, idea, help, or even just plain old support would be of help.
    Thanks. Frenchiemom
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Welcome to our boards. I have a suggestion. Copy and paste your post onto the CFS/FM board. You will have a much higher chance of a response from Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome people there.

Copy your post, then go to the top of the screen. You will see a box that says "Message boards". Click on that. Then click on CFS/FM and repost your message there.

I think I'd get a second opinion with a different endocrinologist.