adrenalin levels& food cravings?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksc, Jan 21, 2006.

1. ksc

ksc New Member

I found myself having uncontrolable cravings for carbs. Any kind. I was tierd and energy was running low. Then started to have a hard time getting a deep breath.I put on 50 lbs. and evev though I was exercising-a cross trainer- 4x aweek for 30-45 min each time-was loosing NO weight. I started to wonder if my adernal glands could be low. Went to my wonderful vitamin man and he gave me a few things to try. Adreno Trophic, more vit c, cq10. Within 3-4 days cravings were gone, breathing normal and had lost2 lbs. now if I forget to take it, the cravings come back and energy goes low.
    some thoughts on this??
    Could the adrenal gland make me crave carbs trying to feed it self for energy?
    kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2006]
  2. ksc

ksc New Member

3. guardianangel54166

guardianangel54166 New Member

I too have a craving for carbs, but only at night. I can make breakfast and lunch for others, but most often do not eat myself. Supper is fine, but 10pm is the witching hour. I can not get to sleep unless I satisfy the craving. I can't understand why I lack an appetite most of the day when I'm exposed to food, but crave at night when I'm not around it.
    Anyone else have this problem?
  4. ksc

ksc New Member

Mine were at that time too. About the same time-9-10 they would hit. Interesting. That could be "food for thought".
    Kathy
  5. ksc

ksc New Member