adrenelin - low blood sugar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Joyce1, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Joyce1

Joyce1 New Member

how does is cause low blood sugar. I know

It amakes you release glucose and causes insulin to be less affective.

I never have low blood sugar numbers even when I'm shaking (around 126)

thanks

jbk

ps great breathin g exercise mikie
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Adrenalin causes glucose release.
    Glucose release causes more insulin release.
    Insulin lowers blood sugar, UNLESS you are diabetic or a pre-diabetic. In that case, you are so insulin resistant that you no longer respond to the higher insulin level and your levels don't drop.
    A fasting blood sugar of 126 is right on the border line between pre-diabetic and diabetic, and I am surprised you are not being treated for it.
    In fact, in alternative medicine (which is what I studied), any fasting blood sugar over 100 is suspect, and any over 105 is treated agressively. An ideal fasting blood sugar is 87.
    Please go to an Endocrinologist if your regular doctor is not treating this. 126 is much too high to be healthy. Please don't let it get any higher without seeking help, and keep us posted.
    Klutzo
  3. Joyce1

Joyce1 New Member

126 is not fasting. Its what I get if have not eaten for 2.5 hours. Depending on stress I'll shake like a leaf or crash. have to eat every two hours or else. so im in a cycle of crash if not eating frequ. gives me adrenalin and anything else gives me adrenalin which makes me hav e to eat notto star t the dam cycle ove again. very inactive person. i gaijned so much trying to deal. now i just sit there..

i do have insulin resistance. but metformin doesn't fix this.
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am glad to know the 126 was not fasting. However, insulin resistance does lead to Type II diabetes eventually you know.
    I have not been dx'd with insulin resistance specifically, but with Metabolic Syndrome, a dx which assumes insulin resistance as a part of it.
    That is why I am so gung-ho on high protein, low carb eating.
    Eating every 2-3 hrs. is a part of this, but after awhile on high protein, low carb without all those ups and downs you can go longer. I can go for 5 hrs. now without eating, since I maintain my protein status and don't have sugar spikes.
    Have you tried eating that way? I am so sorry you are having such a problem.
    Klutzo
  5. Joyce1

Joyce1 New Member

five hours is awesome. I cant imagine it.

I've worked down to ~120 grams of carbs per day. rest is protien and veg. I'm trying to get lower. Little bit at a time. I only eat kasha, millet, chicken and fish with veg. More veggies trying.....:)

metabolic syndrome?

joyce

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2003]
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

for Metabolic Syndrome, or Syndrome X or Insulin Resistance Syndrome. Those are all names for the same problem, which has become an epidemic in our country, mostly thanks to the dubious benefits of low fat, high sugar foods. If you have it, it will take ten yrs. off your life on average.
    You can also do a websearch and find out a lot about it, most info will probably be under "Syndrome X".
    Klutzo
  7. MCT

MCT New Member

From what I've read, refined sugars destroy Amino Acids (proteins). Amino Acids are necessary our bodies use for cell to cell communication, (needed by our bodies to run efficiently).
    When you eat sugar/polyschaccarides, your blood-sugar level rises. And Insulin is released to help store the sugar into muscle and fat cells. Chromium Picolinate reduces the amount of sugar-damage by assisting insulin to function properly.
    Adrenaline does not release glucose.
    Adrenaline-rich blood releases Lipase, which 'burns fat' and releases 'ATP' energy from the mitochondria.

Hope this helps you understand the sequence of sugar, insulin, Adrenaline and energy.
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

You are correct, and I must have been suffering from brain fog when I wrote that first post! I re-read it, and could not believe I had written that. Mea culpa! Klutzo