Advice about Colon Cleansing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Staceymarie, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

I know I have read posts on this board about colon cleansing, but when I type it in to do a search, nothing comes up.

I am just wondering what is the best thing to take for this? I have seen various products, but they are very expensive (like $75).

If anyone has done this, please tell me what works well and what to expect. If I have to buy the pricey ones...then so be it, but was hoping there was something a little cheaper. Also, how long does one need to take something before the colon is completely cleansed? Any info would be great!

2. jake123

jake123 New Member

How about milk of magnesia?
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

If you put just "colon" into the search box, you will come up with many more posts. Another good search would be "Detox".

For something simple, start with 1 T. aloe vera juice and 1 T. lemon juice first thing in the morning. It will help keep your bowels clean.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Our colons are wonderful. They have the great ability to cleanse themselves. Interfering with that ability can cause huge problems down the road.

The above posts are good, water with lemon juice first thing, so long as you don't have acid problems.

A healthy diet. Lots of fluids.

For occasional lower colon cleansing, I think Fleet's spring water enema is fine to use every now and then, and not painful.

Eat yoghurt for healthy flora.

Love Anne C
  5. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

I had excellent results with colonix . .it helped by IBS and fatigue alot but when I stopped the cleanse I go really tired again. The good thing about colonix is you can get your money back no questions asked.
    I think it is different for everyone .. I don't think our colon's work properly . . .especially those of us who have sluggish thyroids. . .
    Best of luck
  6. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

Colon cleansing doesn't have to be expensive.

Sure, you can go out and buy pricey colon cleanup kits at the health food store. They probably are very good-- but cost dearly.

You can buy psyllium seed powders, mixed with other soluble and insoluble fibers, fairly inexpensively. You can add herbs that condition and stimulate the digestive system as well.

Use dietary supplemental fiber cautiously. Start with small amounts and work up. Watch for adverse reactions.

Don't forget to pay attention to intestinal flora. Adding probiotics may be in order as well (with most people's diets it is probably a very good idea).

Have fun experimenting.
  7. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

If you are just looking to flush out your system, you can do this in the morning on an empty stomach

2 tsp sea salt (must be real sea salt, regular salt will not work and will be absorbed)

1 quart of as hot as you can drink water.

Chugg this, as in drink it as fast as you can. It sometimes makes me want to gag, but I pretend it's vegetable broth. In approximately an hour all the water will come out, so don't leave your house, and be near a toilet. I got this from "the master cleanse" (can google for it), and it said that the salt water doesn't get absorbed by the body, and I can vouch that it comes out. You can do this more than once if you want, but I personally have not done it more than twice (drank another quart after the first was expelled).

If you have any problems with salt I would recommend not trying this, and according to the directions in "the master cleanse" if it doesn't work, then add additional sea salt the next time. I have never had it not work within an hour, but my boyfriend had it take almost 2 hours before it came out.