advice for banishing negative thoughts?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by jill5050, Jul 4, 2004.

1. jill5050

jill5050 New Member

Does anyone have any advice on banishing negative thoughts? I feel the devil every day (especially in the morning). I have FM and he is filling me full of negative thoughts about the future and how I feel.

I usually say with blood of Jesus you are not welcome here- or say the opposite thing in my head to negate what is coming through.

Anyone have anymore ideas? It works, but it's so tiring. I will not let him win. I am God's!

Thanks, and blessings to all,
    Carlie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/04/2004]
  2. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Carlie,

I just responded to another poster and so I will give you similar encouragement and advice. Sometimes I forget to just start praising God. I just had a short bout of depression after surgery. If I need help then I sing along to a praise tape (esp. Ron Kenoly praise tapes really help me...his music is anointed and really brings you into the presence of God). I have felt so much joy after praising God so many times and the spirit of heaviness and negativity just leaves.

I also use thankfulness which helps me. There is a scripture that says, "He who offers thank offerings prepares the way that I may show him the salvation of God".

I have tried to put this into practice each day by taking few minutes to consider what I have to be thankful for. I think about how I have a soft, clean bed to sleep on...no bugs or mosquitos, etc. How I have good food in the refrigerator. I have a running toilet. I have clean clothes. I have shoes to wear. Despite the many, many losses from my illness and how severe it's become, I try to realize that so many people suffer in varying ways around the world and we all have something to be thankful for. Life is not going the way I want it to go by any means but I can still be thankful for what I have.

You are not alone in your struggles:) I hope you find added peace and joy this week;)
    Love, Monkeykat

3. Maya-May

Maya-May New Member

Sometimes negative thoughts are also just part of this illness, part of depression, and has nothing to do with spiritual warfare.

Mornings are a bad time for lots of us, and if you suffer from clinical depression, mornings are always time when we feel at our worst.

But I do also think that the enemy uses this and tries to bring us even further down, when we're already down. And then he starts whispering those lies.

What helps me is that I'm just trying to relax in God's care and I know that my future is in His hands. If I'm feeling negative, I just give it all to Him. God's love and protection for me is not dependant on my feelings,thank goodness! The eternal truth is that we are safe in Him, and nobody can snatch us away. He loves us just the way we are.

With blessings, Maya

4. jill5050

jill5050 New Member

Thank you Monkeykat and Maya. Your words are a comfort. Some days are better than others. I do use gratefulness too and it helps. I always like to hear what works for others. I appreciate your imput a alot!
    Blessings,
    Carlie
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Its hard to stay positive with this disease. But just try to silence that inner negative, critical voice as much as you can. When a negative thought comes in your head, replace it with a positive one. Our subconcious mind believes whatever we tell it so its very important to stay as positive as possible.

Sending prayers up for. Take care!
    Sandy
  6. Hoobastank

Hoobastank New Member

The first thing that pops into my mind are a couple of books by Neil Anderson. The first is entitled "Bondage Breaker" and the second is "Victory over the Darkness". You can finds these books at Amazon or on his website if you do a search just type in his name. These books have helped me tremendously and many other people I know.

God Bless,
    Craig
  7. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

it has been four weeks since I had back surgery, and my fibromyalgia has flared, I have been experiencing many negative thoughts and feelings. I try to remember that even Jesus felt separated from our Heavenly Father, and that Satan is right here to step in and try to tell me I am not loved, and other negative thoughts. I think I sense the Lords peace when I release these thoughts to God and tell Him I can not handle this without Him and I do sense He responds...but..I must do this continually throughout the day...and I confess it is moment by moment. Best wishes to you....I will be lifting all up in prayer...