Advice needed for what to expect when pregnant as an FM sufferer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by romey, Oct 15, 2010.

1. romey

romey New Member

Hi all,

Firstly ever since I was diagnosed with FM I have found this message board so incredibly helpful and filled with understanding people :) I'm twenty six and I've had FM since I was seventeen. Ever since I was diagnosed I have wondered/worried about how the FM will effect me when I start a family. It was always a vague thought but now its happening :D! My Hubby and I are expecting our first baby. I'm almost five months pregnant and I am over joyed and very excited!! As well as happiness though I have begin to worry about what I should expect as a pregnant woman with FM. I have been worrying mainly because I can't seem to find any concrete information about the way my body will react. I understand every pregnancy is different and My OB who is great, is trying to find out what she can for me, but I would be ever so grateful if anyone who has gone through this, could me help me by sharing how it was for them.

So far it seems that my breathing is most the effected (very short breath after walking only small distances) and my fatigue has gone through the roof!

I want really to know what I will be facing so I can be strong for my baby and have a calm nurturing pregnancy.

Thank you so much in advance for help anyone can give <3

Love and blessings to you all,

Romey x

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Congrats on your pregnancy! If you are already five months in, then you must have a pretty good idea how this is going to affect you during the pregnancy. Some people go through pregnancy, especially their first one, without much bother. Other people can have a really rough time. Each person is different. Some women find that their CFS and/or FM symptoms go away during the pregnancy only to have them return once they have delivered the baby and their hormones return back to normal.

Enjoy being pregnant and don't worry about what "might" happen. Relax and take each day as it comes.
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

What a wonderful time in your life!!

I think what is tough is that since you've never been pregnant before it's going to be hard for you to know what is normal pregnancy feelings and what you might be feeling otherwise. I would just assume that it's pregnancy stuff since you know no difference, know what I mean.

I wasn't diagnosed yet when I had my two kids. They were two very different pregnancies. The second trimester was the easiest, the third you might find yourself pretty fatigued and of course the baby is growing much more and the extra weight may put strain on different parts of your body so extra aches etc. But like I said, you won't know if it's pregnancy stuff or Fibro related.

I loved being pregnant! As mentioned you're already 5 months along - more than halfway, so you should have some idea of how you're feeling, if you think you're feeling more symptoms than usual etc.

Enjoy this time. It's a time to pamper yourself! In no time you're going to have that little one here with you and it won't be 'two' anymore. Nap whenever you can, put your feet up, have your husband rub them for you. :)

Again, a huge Congratulations - it's such a wonderful blessing.