Advice on a Work Issue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kathyknndy, Apr 16, 2006.

1. kathyknndy

kathyknndy New Member

I was diagnosed with Fibro about 2 years ago and had to take medical leave for that time. In January of this year I decided to go back to work because of neccessity. My husband left me because of many reasons due to the fibro. Which forced me to go back to work.

I work for a large nationwide bank in their call center, and because of the stress of long hours and the demands of the job, it has reactivated my fibro full blown once again.

Last week it was so bad that I had to stay home, and now my employer has threatened me with firing me because of missed work, attendenace issues. Has anyone had any of the same issues and what did you do, or what happened to you.

I have never been fired from a position, and I need to work to support myself, but the Fibro is so bad right now that I feel like I have regressed back to the beginning when I was diagnosed. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

do you have FMLA papers on file? If not, please do so. This will protect you and when you are off from work due to the FM it cannot be counted against you.

Linda

[ advertisement ]