Advice on possible FM children

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tannat, May 1, 2003.

1. tannat

tannat New Member

There has been a thread going on children and FM. I am looking for some advice on whether or not I should have my daughter(s) checked. Is there any advantage to an early diagnosis?

Tanna
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

do a web search for the pediatric network they have info on fm and cf in kids
    i have been trying to get my son dx for 4 years he has been put threw so meny test,blood test(6 tubesat a time more then once) mris cts eegs and still hasent got a fm dx they have found other health promblems though,but none that can exsplian most of the symtoms,unless you know your childs dr is a beliver in it or theres a spealist in your area,or your child realy needs help because of the pain and failing in school,you may want to hold off,its been heart breaking watching him go threw the test and some of these drs blow off his symtoms as nothing ,read more about it then make your disscion,
    kara
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2003]
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

is better. But it does sound like you may get the royal run around. My son has shown some signs for a few years and I wish I had started the process as soon as I got suspicious. Denial doesn't help anyone. Ask around, do you know of others in your area with children that have it? Can they suggest a doc for you? Be ready to be a strong advocate for your child.

[ advertisement ]