Advice On Using KADIAN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dovebird, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Dovebird

Dovebird New Member

Has anyone here used or is currently taking Kadian? I just had my first visit at a pain clinic and she thought Kadian might be better for me than Oxy or the Norco that I take, I've never taken Oxy.

I am severely worried that this med will only knock me out and ruin the goals I must have of bringing income into our home. I am not sure which way to go. The Norco takes care of my pain on short term levels yes I have to take the pills all day but Norco keeps me awake and almost gives me more energy. I just started a small home online business and need to be alert, using the computer and interacting with customers.

A part of me feels that I took on too much here but with pressure from my hubby to make an income I am torn. Sure I would love natural remedies and I hate medicines to begin with but I don't need to be drugged all day either. Funny my hubby seemed more concerned about the meds not letting me work than he seemed concerned about getting something to stop me from just totally giving up, if you know what I mean.

I am suppose to get some shots in a few joints and maybe get myofascial release and craniosacral therapy but in the meantime I afraid to start this Kadian...

Any tips or experiences you had with Kadian I sure would love to know.

Thanks, Susan
  2. glafdy

glafdy New Member

I have been using Kadian for about 18 months now. I started out at 20 mg twice a day and 6 months later went up to 30 mg twice a day. I do not find it makes me drowsy, however, I much add that I am fortunate that most drugs don't have that effect on me.

Kadian does relieve my pain very well. I take it basically for my back pain and it really helps me get through the day.

I would say give it a try. My experience was positive. Hopefully it will be for you too.

Glafdy