Advice Please===Burn Remedy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Aug 10, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Unfortunatley i pulled a muscle in my neck playing Tug-of-War with the Dog,,,,I Fell asleep with a fairly warm rice pack around my neck and now have what looks and feels like a bad sunburn on my neck area,,,,,,,does anyone know the Vinegar Remedy for burns??
  2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Sorry to hear about the burn. The ratio I use is 10 parts water to 1 part vinegar. When I get burned bad I always use Solarcaine because it has an angelsic which takes the sting right out.

I hope this helps
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh Thanks! it's 10 parts water to 1 part V. i was trying to remember that! and the solarcaine too,,,,,Thanks!,,,,Sis
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

rocky!,,,,i'll try that one too!,,,S
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry about your burn Sis.

Aloe Vera is good I believe if the sore or burn isn't opened. I have gotten more burns from the oven. I use ice or cold water (right after for the pain - cold water is probably better), then aloe vera and in between (especially of the blister breaks). If it does then I use neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment.

Oh that vinegar remedy sounds good too.

[This Message was Edited on 08/10/2008]
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the tips! The aleo Vera is really good,,i put a cold pack on it and then some Aloe Vera Cream i had and now it's Better!,,,,,,,havn't found any blisters yet,,,thank goodness!,,,,need to pick up triple antibiotic cream next time i'm at the store,,,,,

Sorry to hear of your burns from the darn oven!,,,,i always seem to touch the hot dishes when they are out of the Oven!,,,,,of course i do this not thinking,,,,,duh!,Brain Fog!,,,,,,,,not fun!,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis