Advice please.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daisy75, Jul 2, 2009.

1. daisy75

daisy75 New Member

Hello everyone,
    Im new here and I would really appreciate some advice,
    Ive had two major surgeries in the last year, then I was unwell with my thyroid being low, about 3 months ago I started to feel really unwell, I was sleeping all night and day, still feeling exhausted, or having insomnia even though I was really tired, I have alot of random aches and pains in my body, my wrists, knees, neck, ankles all ache, and I can have strange transiant pains too, I also feel really 'foggy' and cant remember like I could or concerntrate on things, and get night sweats or im sensitive to cold, ive also had constipation and constant urinary problems,
    My bloods are all now normal, and my gp is sending me to an endocrinologist, but a few others have mentioned Fibro, or chronic fatigue, could this be my problem? If so what do I do next, Ive just lost so much of my life and feel really down and confused,
    sorry for moaning,
    warm wishes x
  2. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Most doctors don't know much about Fibromyalgia and CFS. You need to find someone who specializes in the treatment of those Diseases. I would suggest Dr. Lapp, at the Hunter Hopkins Center, but I don't know if you're anywhere close to Charlotte, NC. Otherwise, I would try a rheumatologist, because of all specialties, they are most likely to know about Fibro and CFS. When you go, however, ask the doctor how much experience he or she has in treating Fibro and CFS. You also need to be checked for diseases like Lupus, Lyme Disease, or Rheumatoid Arthritis. There are other diseases that share symptoms with Fibro. and CFS.