Advice please

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by lynne1972, Mar 6, 2010.

1. lynne1972

lynne1972 New Member

I am new to the boards and have recently been referred to a rheumatologist as they think I have arthtitis but all my blood tests came back negative.

I have constant pain which diclofenic with codeine does not touch and the GP has injected a steriod into me which has had little effect. She has advised me to wear splints which help as they keep my joints warm but I look daft as I have pain in both ankles, kness, wrists and elbows and recently my neck has started to become painful I have had pain in my knees and ankles for a while but over the last month the pain has come on suddenly.

When describing the pain is difficult as it feesl very warm and tingly/numb if that makes sense and all i want to do is try and crack my joints back into place but cant.:(

Has anyone any tips or had similar problems ??
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

That type of pain sounds almost neurologic. I have pain like fire in my back and then under one foot I get the feeling of vibration and the neurologist told me that is nerve damage (I do have back damage and have had several falls).