Advice please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jens2angels, Sep 20, 2007.

1. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I posted this on the porch, but figured I'd put it out here too. HELP!

Well I'm still sick, little better than yesterday, I think. My kids are getting it now though. Yippee.

Went to the doctor, was running a low fever. He is still convinced it's allergies of some sort that I keep getting. All the allergy tests though came back negative. So I don't know.

I know I am really thinking about putting in my notice at the VA. It just seems that the job brings me more stress and illness than I can handle. I'll probably end up fired anyway because of all the sick days I've had. Sad thing is, I have been really sick, not just calling in because I feel like it.

I've never missed so much work in my life. It's awful. I've been sick for the last 6 months, I get better for a couple weeks, then the same thing. It's almost like the place has some VA virus and it won't go away.

I don't know.

What do you guys think?

Should I stay (if they don't fire me anyway) or should I go? It's decent money in all, but the health thing, is just not getting to be worth it. I know i can go back to the ambulance company more hours, but even then, that's gonna keep tearing up my shoulder.
    This really sucks.

Ok, my son is freaking out so I better go.
  2. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I don't know all about your illness situation, but if you continue to be sick like this over and over with a fever, it really doesn't sound like allergies to me. What kind of DR are you seeing? Maybe you need a 2nd opinion. That's my first thought recommendation. Your immune system must be way off that you keep getting sick.

As far as the job situation goes, I don't know your financial situation. If you can make it without it, then I would say resign before you're fired. Being fired on resume doesn't look that good. If you can work partime somewhere with your skills then maybe that would be an option.

REalize that I am kinda talking in dark here because I don't know all your circumstances. If you want to tell me more, then maybe I can give different advice. Youmay not take any of it, but might be another perspective anyway.

Take Care,
    Gentle Hugs,
  3. Doober

Doober New Member

to resign. I would rather get fired and be able to collect unemployment than quit on my own and not get it (Not sure how it works so I may be wrong in this).

As far as resume, you just list the company you worked for and the dates you worked there, you don't list the reasons for leaving.

Also most companies for fear of lawsuits now just confirm the employment dates with prospective employers they do not really get into too much details.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Kiddo,

I sent you my opinion (such as sit is). Just sent you a post on the Porch on this. I hope it helps some. Hang in there !!!! So sorry you are feeling so poorly - yuck !! I know how that feels - not fun either !