Advice plz, how to keep yeast away while on ABX

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bree~leigh, Mar 19, 2007.

1. bree~leigh

bree~leigh New Member

Hi All,
    Have been off the board for a year or so, so happy I still recognize names!

Advice please: Have Lyme as part of my CFIDS and have taken tetracycline which helps me, but then the yeast builds interfering with digestion, so doc takes me off ABX to detox from yeast then back on ABX when it clears. But Wondering, have your docs found a different approach to keep you on ABX but not let the yeast build? I lose a lot of ground when I come off ABX. Would love your input. Thanks for your time.
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I'm going to try to find and bump a thread called

Controlling yeast

Since the thread, I have started taking 60 billion units of mixed probiotics. This is a large amount, but it has helped me a whole lot.

Best, Lisa
  3. bree~leigh

bree~leigh New Member

Thank you Lisa for trying to bump that yeast control during ABX treatment thread to me~ most appreciated!

May I ask which probiotic product you use and how you use it? Do you use it during ABX treatment?
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I avoid antibiotics and so can't give you an answer to that. Take the probiotics away from the antibiotics, though.

The brand I use is formulated and sold by my doctor. It's one of only two products that are proprietary to him---it's not like he purposely makes his own brands to get profits. He just didn't find a probiotic brand he liked.

His brand has 60 billion organisms and 18 strands. It's something like $45 for 30 capsules (one month supply) and should be kept refrigerated. It can be ordered by mail.

Google the following:

daleguyermd

this product is not on his list of supplements on the site, but if you call they should be able to give you info about it.

I've found this product useful for a variety of different reasons. A new theory (from Kenny de Meirleir) is that gut health is useful in increasing immunity. Probiotics are also useful for leaky gut, toxic bowel, and other problems.

dncnfngrs is also taking high doses (maybe 100 billion organisms) of probiotics, and so you might find out what brands she's using.

Best, Lisa
  5. bree~leigh

bree~leigh New Member

Lisa thank you.
    I have found Dale Guyers writings to be innovative and very helpful. Thanks for the suggestion.
  6. yuckie

yuckie New Member

Like Lisa I'm taking a load of probiotics and it is a huge factor in my improvements. Mine is called Custom Probiotics and I get it through my naturopathic doctor. I'm not sure if they sell direct to the public but you can find them at www.customprobiotics.com. Of coure you can get probiotics here too but if you want the "big guns" you'll need to go to someplace that specializes in that area. Take care, Janice
  7. bree~leigh

bree~leigh New Member

Many Thanks! Bree
  8. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

A couple of people here have begun to swear by cream of tartar. I'm going to try it myself soon, just as an experiment.

Try doing a content search for

cream tartar

and a lot of things would come up, I'd think.

Best, Lisa