ADVICE TO OTHERS WITH FIBRO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjschlotte, Jun 15, 2006.

1. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

If you could give one word of advice to new FMS Patient what would your advice be.

I think mine would be:

"Acceptance,"

"What good does it do to feel sorry for your self" "you have to accept what you can't change, and change what you can.. and never give up hope"

2. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

A new for me right now is patience. The word patience is just not in my vocabulary at all and I had a rough week and learned the truth from others that I need to patient. So mine would be:

Just be patient with whatever it is that is going on with your life. Things will eventually work itself out in time, but it takes patience and having a peaceful heart about it.

3. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I would say find this group and get together with everyone here so you can learn all you can and also know your not alone these are the best group of people kind,friendly,and going through the same things so we dont feel all alone and they are a great cherring squad too.angelkisses,
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Many good comments already. I would say:

Patience when in a flare. You must take care of yourself.

Acceptance of the new lifestyle you will be living. Your life has changed no matter how many times we yell we want our lives back!

Stand Proud around the nay sayers. We have done nothing wrong. We are ill and just because they can't find the cause is not reason for us to fell ashamed.

Get educated on the DD. You will need to do a lot of self help if you are going to improve. You may even need to educate your Docs.

Only work with Docs that believe you are ill

Get yourself into a support group such as this board or a community support group if you can leave your home.

5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

PROACTIVE

if you can find a doc to help you work it all out, great, but don't hold your breath. You are your best advocate and know your own body and symptoms, you also know what best what works and what hinders. Docs can be pushy about trying things that you know made you worse, or that you have a bad feeling about. Trust yourself above your doctors. I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Those of us that have been really aggressive in pursuing our own treatment, w/ or w/out a doctor in tow, like Stormy, Mikie, dncnrng (?), Solarisstar, and myself have all acheived some level of remission and much symptom reduction.

Jeanne