Advise needed about working in the cold...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Nov 12, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I have a job that requires me to sit at a computer all day.
    We just moved to a new office and the ceilings are high. It was ok until tuesday when they sent an e-mail that said we are not allowed to have a heater under our desk "the electrician said". Wednesday and Thursday it was so cold I had two pairs of socks, three sweaters and a coat over me and I was still freezing. I kept getting up and trying to raise my body temperature. I even worked with my gloves on for awhile (but I'm going to have to cut the finger tips off). When I'm cold my body aches and I was so miserable.
    I can't tolerate the cold. What am I to do??
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I used to carry my heating pad with me to the office and sit on it there and then I would take it home and sit on it in the living room while watching tv and then I would sleep with it. You could probably keep it hidden, just in case they get real picky. The only problem with mine was that it had a timer cut off switch and I would wake up freezing and have to turn it on again. If you go buy one, make sure it doesn't do this, it's very inconvenient. karen
  3. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I use to work in the cold too. same kinda problem..I used hands warmers and feet warmers that hunters use...I also heard that there are socks that run on batteries..Check out a hunting store..I use to pick up the hand warmers at Walmart in the hunting supplies..
    Hope it helps!! Cindy
  4. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I brought a blanket to work and bought some wool ski socks.
    A lot of people complained, so they have turned the heat up a little. The heating pad idea is great too and the electric blanket wrap- Thanks all of you. Nanna

[ advertisement ]