advise w/pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cyndi1958, Sep 12, 2002.

1. cyndi1958

cyndi1958 New Member

Hi there I am new to this message board thing, was diagnosed with fibro 2 years ago and am miserable with pain in my leggs and feet Also have arthirtis in knees and ankles, don't know how to pursue with my docotr a better pain treatment, I take ultram now twice a day, but it doesn't seem to be working as well or as long as it did. Any suggestions out there, plus would love to hear on any issues regarding fibro.
    thanks alot
  2. cyndi1958

cyndi1958 New Member

Hi there I am new to this message board thing, was diagnosed with fibro 2 years ago and am miserable with pain in my leggs and feet Also have arthirtis in knees and ankles, don't know how to pursue with my docotr a better pain treatment, I take ultram now twice a day, but it doesn't seem to be working as well or as long as it did. Any suggestions out there, plus would love to hear on any issues regarding fibro.
    thanks alot
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I have fms & cfids. My rheumy recommends glucosamine w/ chondrition (sp) which can be found here, to help w/ joint pain. His nurse, who has fms, said she was able to get off her pain meds after 6 mos. The cramping & pins/needles I was getting in my legs are pretty much under control as well since I started taking a complete vit/min/herb supp. & klonopin (Rx only) for my restless legs.

Just looked back abt a week ago thru my daily log of symptoms, noticed that my stiff knees in the morning are gone. I had been on the gluco. for abt 4 1/2 weeks. As all of us are so different, any ideas I've found out about here, I've checked w/ my dr first, as they tell us to do.

I've gotten lots of hope from members who have improved... and the support is great. Ultram was like taking sugar pills for me, lol, but there's members here who have had great success with it. Do a search message at the top.

Take care, and let us know how you're doing. Michele
  4. majic

majic New Member

i've got fibro and mps. what i do for the pain in my legs and feet. is yoga stretching exercise, warm baths with lavendar oil in tub. i also use rice socks. a rice sock is a old tube sock filled with rice and a knott tied in the end of it. i put diffrent oils and herbs in mine. then you put it in the microwave for 3 minutes and it gets warm. it is really great. if you need cold stick it in the fridge. i f this don't work then i go to bed and rest. hope you feel better. oh try the pro health pro energy. it has malic acid and magnesium in it. this helps with the pain and it is all natural.majic
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

It's a foggy (fibrofog) day here for me in MD, lol.

You can go to arthritissupport.com (it's just like this board but for arthritis sufferers). I get the tip of the day from there...posted some of them here cause many apply to both arthritis & fms. They're free, you just have to sign up for them.

Majic's advice was also good...hope you get relief from your pain soon. Michele
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello Cyndi, welcome to our world. Magic gave you some good advice, heres a little to add to it.

I take Pro Energy (malic acid and magnesium glycinate) for the Fibro pain. It is sold here, just go to the 'Store' link and type it in, it has a great read up on it.

Also I take the Glucosamine and Chondroitin for arthritis pain when it gets bad. It is also sold here under the name;
    'Xtra Strength, Glucosamine /Chondroitin', it comes in tables or liquid and different strengths also.

I do not take prescription pain meds anymore. If I have a flare I will take Advil gel caps, OTC. Nothing else.

Also I have a 'wireless mattress heating pad' that is just wonderful for both illnesses, it helps that morning stiffness and the pain. They are sold at Penny's and Sear's.

I also used 'rice socks', take a mans tub sock fill it with raw plain rice about three quarters full, tie the end or sew it. You can heat them in the micro-wave, or freeze them in the freezer if you want cold. They are wonderful, and no wire attached!

Hope all this has been helpful for you, and hope you feel better soon.

If you have any questions, please ask, we will be glad to help in anyway we can.

Again, welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl

7. toniad

toniad New Member

I'm Tonia D. nice to meet you.
    I'm new here too, and seems like everyone is very supportive and encouraging. I just wanted to write and say hello, and good luck in finding some relief for your pain.
    Tonia D.
  8. cyndi1958

cyndi1958 New Member

Thank you for taking the time to write back, am checking into several new options based on the responses I got.

Have a great day
  9. cyndi1958

cyndi1958 New Member

thanks so muc, I am checking into all your advise, really appreciate the input.

Have a great day
  10. cyndi1958

cyndi1958 New Member

Thanks a million, will try this.