AeronsmomHow Are You Doing On The Low GI Diet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by retrogirl, Sep 3, 2006.

1. retrogirl

retrogirl New Member

It's been almost a month for me and although I haven't weighed myself my clothes seem looser.I am still loving the variety and how much I get to eat.I feel like I was always starving on the low carb diet I was on.I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks.I love that I am able to eat soup and fruit.
    Was just wondering how you were doing?
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Thanks for thinking of me, I am doing great on it and I just love what I am able to eat, like you I too eat 3 meals and 2 fruits..my favorite at supper is the meatloaf...have you tried that one yet???

I have not been on the scales either and yes my clothes are looser on me too. I just love this program.

Love, Ann
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

for retrogirl
  4. retrogirl

retrogirl New Member

What do you put in your meatloaf?The only problem I have come across is my wheat/milk allergies prevent me from eating some things.I've had to be creative.Not many brand name things in the supermarket are marked low GI that are wheat free.I guess many of the gi diets are more popular in England then they are here.Many of the brand name products listed in the books are found there and not here.I found a website in England thru iVillage called GI Lifestyle(tried finding one thru ivillage here in the U.S.,but there wasn't one).They are a small group but very supportive and from there I found a newsletter that has good info. too.
  5. retrogirl

retrogirl New Member

6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

this is how I make my meatloaf

extra lean ground beef
    1 cup tomatoe juice
    1/2 cup rolled oats..uncooked
    1 egg lightly beaten
    1/2 an onion
    1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 1/4 tsp pepper
    add all ingred together and press into a meatlof mixture and bake for an hour. as I said this is Yummy!!

you should give it a try if you can.

Love, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  7. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

bump for you retrogirl
  8. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

for retrogirl
  9. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

here again retrogirl.
    I want to make sure you get this.
  10. retrogirl

retrogirl New Member

Haven't been on the board for a few days.Thanks for bumping the recipe.I'll have to try it.