Affirmations survey

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Callum, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Callum

Callum New Member

Often, my biggest struggle is that when I experience a "relapse" of CFIDS, I exacerbate the symptoms by beating myself up about it. "You did it again - pushed too hard." "Why did you do to deserve this," "You're letting people down again."

I was wondering what others say to themselves to counter the negative feelings? Or perhaps you do a little something to treat yourself?
  2. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

necessary at any time of need. Trust me, I understand how difficult it can be to grab some positive thoughts when you are at your worst. I do have a FEW that I say, nothing profound, but works for me. I'll spare you and only list three:

Breathe and repeat...

"It's okay, it's NOT my fault, this will pass and I'll get through it"

"Okay Rocki, time to get in the ring again"

"I will not give up"

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I have started trying to be a very positive person and so far it has been hard because my negativity is a learned behavior from my Mom but here is what I have been doing and it IS working!!!!

I AM STRONG!

I AM HEALTHY!

I AM BEAUTIFUL!

I AM A GOOD MOTHER!

I AM STRONG!

I AM HEALTHY!

I AM BEAUTIFUL!

I AM A GOOD PERSON!

I AM STRONG!

I AM A GOOD COOK!

I AM HEALTHY!

I AM STRONG!

I know I was repeating myself in there but that is how I say it in my head AND I say it most of the day! I fight off self sabotaging thoughts and reaffirm them with positive things about myself.

I WAS (see I am working) a self sabatoger but no more! The more you tell yourself that you are something the more you will believe it!

One thing I want to say and this is REALLY cool is that I have really bad ankle problems and every night my husband helps me stretch.

Since starting my affirmations he said that I am relaxed more and my ankles stretch easier! Awesome!! The whole time he stretches I just repeat the good things about myself and it DOES relax me!!!

Hope this helps!

((HUGS))

kate
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that we are truly sick.After admitting that it is not in your hands.It is up to the others to respond as they will.Linda
  5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

6. Callum

Callum New Member

I appreciate it, everyone. Take care.