Affordable Guai?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by finnigan1229, Nov 1, 2005.

1. finnigan1229

finnigan1229 New Member

Hi - my Dr. just started me on 600mg Guai twice daily yesterday and Mucinex is EXPENSIVE!! Unfortunately the generic brand is only 400mg and I take so many meds that splitting them is out of the question (no time). Where do you guys get yours?

Thx,
    Patti
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't use it, but hopefully someone who does will see this. (-:
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I buy the 400mg Pro Health FA Guai from the store here (have to have it importe to the UK) & find that the tablets easily snap in half along the score line without resorting to cutting.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The blue/green dye in the Mucinex gave me a rash when I first started taking it. I finished the bottle with no more problems and switched to the fast acting Guai sold here. It is white and for me, works better than the time realease version.

I have been on the Guai for 4 1/2 years and I take a maintenance dose of 400 mgs. twice daily now, so the 400 mgs. work very well for me. It is easier when splitting pills to sit down and split a bunch of them at one time. As Smiffy said, the bit white ones will snap in two.

I started at a low dose and kept increasing it until I was up to 2400 mgs. a day. I had been sick almost 11 years when I started the Guai and was impatient to get results. I consider myself about 90 percent reversed now but am not well because I also have CFIDS. The CFIDS is the worse of the two ailments for me. Every now and then, I still get FMS flares, especially when I get sick or have stress or trauma. Most of the time, though, my FMS is not much of a problem. If only there were something like it for CFIDS.

Good luck to you with your Guai treatment.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2005]