AFFORDABLE HOUSING for CF/FM COMMUNITY in Aiken SC-----------

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Apr 12, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

http://www.pwccohousing.org/
    I've posted about this before...
    Looks like the project in Aiken SC is shaping up fast:
    --------------
    excerpt about price:
    100% subsidized financing is available for qualified low and fixed income buyers. There are only 25 more homes to be built on this site and we would like them all to go to FM/CFIDS applicants, so you need to apply as soon as possible.

rest of article on page:
    In conjunction with the City of Aiken Community Development Department we are able to offer PWCs, "a community within a community", of newly constructed 2 to 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom homes in an adorable neighborhood redevelopment in the center of the City of Aiken.

Toole Hill is close to the unique downtown and historic districts and convenient to everything. These homes are available for only $80k to $100k. The PWC homes can be made handicap accessible.

100% subsidized financing is available for qualified low and fixed income buyers. There are only 25 more homes to be built on this site and we would like them all to go to FM/CFIDS applicants, so you need to apply as soon as possible.

Please note that it could take up to 6 months from time of application for your home to be built. You will need to sign up ASAP with $100 deposit (refundable). We are able to offer reasonable priced temporary (weekly) accommodation if you wish to visit the area.
    -------------------

Sounds like a possible solution for some, perhaps?

Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 04/12/2007]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

bump

Hugs,

Nancy B
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Sounds grand, sign me up.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

for anyone who might be interested...
    sounds like it might be a good deal!

PS: How ironic is it, that it IS located in Aiken --

after all, it is pronounced the same as in "Oh, my achin' back!"

[This Message was Edited on 04/19/2007]
  5. labrat

labrat New Member

Here's an old post about community housing bump for Ilovepink4
  6. GKTLA

GKTLA New Member

Victoria-

I just want to thank you for giving me a good laugh. I didn't get the connection between the supportive housing for FMS/CFIDS and Aiken until you pointed out the coincidence!

I really got a good laugh out of that and with this illness I always notice when I laugh because it's not often.

I went to college in South Carolina and knew many people from Aiken/Achin'!!

Thank you!
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

I just checked that link, and it no longer goes to the pages I last saw when posting this.

The last I heard it was an overwhelming success and had a waiting list, perhaps that's why... I wonder if they'll be building some more communities, obviously they're needed. Some enterprising builder/foundation could get involved in this, sort of like Habitat.

I also did a google search and didn't come up with anything. Anybody know anything? I did come up with this site for MCS, that might also work for those with other problems: http://www.safertraveldirectory.com/classified.htm It includes housing as well, it's not just for travelling.

(LOL I caught the doubleplay on the name of the town when I was telling someone out loud...)

all the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 01/04/2009]