After 1 day in the sun, I am so swollen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tlayne, May 19, 2006.

1. tlayne

tlayne Member

that my eyes are barely open. This is the first time this has happened to me. I am not having a hard time breathing, so I do not feel that I am in any immediate danger. I feel huge because of it.

What's going on? Any suggestions? Hugs, Tam
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I was on Doxycyclene last year and was out in the sun for 20 minutes and got bad sun poisoning. Is there a possibility you are taking something that would cause a reaction? Lynn
  3. tlayne

tlayne Member

I did start taking an old script of Gabitril out of desperation. That might be it, but I kind of doubt it as I think that it would only make the med less effective. I have had much needed relief from the pain & stiffness since doing so. I will call the pharm as soon as it opens, and confess to the error of my ways.

No sunburn, but I do have somewhat of a rash where my skin was exposed to the sun. Lupus? My dr. wanted to check me for this since this flare has started ahout 2 months ago. I think maybe it is time that I go "there".

Sometimes I get so into denile that I just need advice from my fellow friends who have also been through the depths of despair with this dd. Thank you! Tam
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Mine really wasn't like Sunburn either it turned red like a rash but if any heat at all hit it like the sun through the window or even heat from the car heater it burned like crazy. I couldn't get in it for one minute. I had to walk around in long sleeves and a hat all summer last year. I used an umbrella also. Thats how bad it was. I am so happy to be off the Doxy and back in the sun with no worries.

I wouldn't worry about talking to the Pahrmacist my brother and sister in law are both pharmacists and they hear it all. Thay talk to so many people every day. Good Luck ! Lynn
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am kind of held to a higher accountability since I am a nurse, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't afford to pay the high prices of running to the dr. & paying for new scripts. With this dd I think we are all in the same boat.

How nice that you have Pharmies in your family! Do they keep you updated on the meds that are seeming to help CFS & Fibro? Hugs, Tam