After 1 week of working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chermione, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Chermione

Chermione New Member

I started my new job last week as a switchboard operator at a credit union. I also do a lot of paper work and filing. For the most part I was just in training and I don't even have my own computer and phone yet but I can tell I'm really going to love this job. The company is awesome and really values their employees and that is huge in my book. I've worked for places who didn't care about employees one iota. It makes a huge difference in how you feel about work.

The hardest part for me was getting up early and having to get 3 people ready in on a time frame (me and my kids). But the days went by without much pain or problems. I was tired of course but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I am busy enough to keep my mind occupied but it's mostly sit down work.

Of course all the things I do every day to reduce the fibro symptoms plays a huge roll. Eating right, taking my medicine, getting the right amount of sleep, etc...

When I wasn't working, I didn't care as much, I lost so much of my motivation. So I think this is just what the dr. ordered (figure of speech).

But there is still a long road ahead, I just hope and pray it just gets better.

Cheryl
  2. penpardee

penpardee New Member

I have always been in favor of ROUTINE, some would disagree and complain about monotony and hum-drum boredom....but I think that anything that keeps you motivated and headed in a forward direction can't be all bad. It is far better to be bored I'd say than to be idle. These days I welcome distraction from the daily "grind" of fibro!!!

Good luck to you,

Penny
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I always admire people who are working and have this DD. Congratulations and I hope the job continues to be nice.

Love Anne C
  4. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Routine is good, and even though I can't work, I always maintain somewhat of a routine. Marie
  5. fowlerfab522

fowlerfab522 New Member

I was scared going to a new job. I was afraid that my fibro fog would get me into trouble and would be embarassed because I work with two friends. I write down everything. It takes me a while to remember something even when I write it down though. I do work on a computer which hurts my upper back which starts the headaches, etc. I just know that I have to work for the money for my household to keep the livestyle we have and I will not punish my kids because I am ill as long as I can. I did take a $8.00 paycut to work, but that is OK. I am not on call 24/7 either.

I am scared when will it get to that point?

Good Luck