After 19 years of searching for a doctor the best one is

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, Mar 24, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

an MD who is also an alternative medicine doctor. They are more opened minded and they will work with you and the three that I have seen have went along with any suggestions that I have had or any tests that I want done.
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

that a doctor who believes in alternative solutions, supplements, etc is the very best. My doc at an integrated medicine clinic is the first one who listens to me and understands me. The others think you're crazy or a hypochondriac.

Linda
  3. mje

mje New Member

About 3 weeks ago I had an appointment with a Dr. who is MD
    and alternative medicine. She really listened to me, and gave me several suggestions for some of the problems that
    plague FMS patients. I have hight hopes. Since the Rhuematologist that diagnosed my FM went into administration work I have rally been out on a limb. It is not that my primary Dr. does not recognize FM.. he never had to deal with my symptoms.. the rheumy took care of it. I have high hopes for the time ahead. Will keep you posted. Best Wishes to all who use this board.
    I have learned a lot from many of you. MJE
  4. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

who is great...he is an MD, a nutritional type who believes in prevention, he does chelation for heavy metals, he is open to lots of ideas and therapies for CFS. The only slight problem is that he is 2 hours away from us and doesn't file insurance. Fortunately, he lets us pay a minimum balance monthly- not the whole amount- or else we would not be able to continue with him. But everything he's had us do has been on the right track...The sleep doc we went to this week sounded dubious about adrenal fatigue, and chronic fatigue was only those people that slept all night and all day. I believe there are varying amounts of fatigue and that he was ill informed. So I agree with you, mrstyedawg!