After 3 days I got off my behind and am painting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Aug 5, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

After reading Mse's post and responses from others as well as myself, I just jumped up and and started doing it.

I got frustrated because I could not find all the peices to my power roller, I have organized reorganized several times during the remodel. Finally found everything.

I am taking a break to change paint cans and drink some lemonade. BTW has anyone one tried the sugar free lemonade sticks. All you need is a 16 oz water bottle. I love them!

WalMart's great value brand is about $1.76 for 10, I also found weight watchers at the Dollar Tree. They also make other fruity flavors. I am not a big drinker, I have to make myself because I don't like plain water, but I can drink 3 or 4 of these a day.

I'll let you know how I fare, but right now I feel better than when I started- wierd, the more we sit the harder it is to get up. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Carla
  2. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I suaully force myself into tackling home improvement projects.
    Some I can get off the ground right away. Others I just want
    to hide from.
    Good luck on your painting and take care of yourself.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

After 3 years I finally got the next to the last room primed. I kept putting it off because I used it for tool storage.

Now I just have to figure out what color I want. I am thinking maybe a mossy sagey green and maybe a yellow accent wall. I would like to do a faux finish or something artsy.

All in time- it may be primer white for 6 months,lol

I must say I have more energy now than when I started. Thank goodness it is a smaller room and has a lower ceiling. All the other rooms in my house are vaulted. Really hard stretching for us short people.

I felt lousy when I got up, but doing ok except the middle back pain. It will hurt anyway so why not get something done. Carla

4. JLH

JLH New Member

look for a post that I addressed to you!

Good luck on your painting! My entire house needs painted, but I can't even stand up, let alone paint! LOL

I'd try the lemonade sticks, but I bet they have aspartame in them for sweetening ... and I am allergic to it! It gives me terrible migraines!!

Hugs,
    Janet H.
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

good luck with the painting, hope it's non toxic.

My husband does all the painting here, there is no way I could. I'm trying my hand at painting on canvas but have to do it outside as the paints are toxic. I'm no good at it but must say, I enjoy it when I can.

Your colour scheme sounds nice and you obviously have good taste...photos of your kitchen...similar to my own.

Hope you get finished without a relapse.

love
    Rosie
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

After sleeping till 11 or 12 3 days in a row, then sitting and doing nothing I got up and worked past the pain and tiredness.

I felt more energy last night, took a nice long whirlpool and am going to to go at it again today. No painting, just organizing. I used this 3rd bedroom as my "studio" over last fall and winter. Now most stuff is in the middle of the room, so now I get to clear it out to work on the floor.

It is 10in planks of pine. But they have gaps between the boards where the house has settled. Plus they didn't do a great job of installing them.

Now I have these huge pantries 4- 2ft by 7ft tall for organizing my glass and supplies.

I am not bothered by the fumes, fortunatly I am not sensitve to things like that. One good thing.

I hope you all have a great day-Carla