After 4 doses of Neurontin, I can say I am cautiously optimistic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seagull, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Seagull

Seagull New Member

It did take a little changing of how I take it -- I have to save half my dinner to eat at 9:30 pm and then take the dose at 10 pm, with milk. I begin to feel sleepy in another couple of hours and go to bed. I wake up in the morning after getting about 7 to 9 hours of much sounder sleep and feel more rested and alert. I also notice that the pain levels have dropped some and I am so grateful for that. I no longer have any nausea, either. I sure hope this lasts for a long time. :)

seagull
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure glad to hear you are getting some much needed sleep, and less pain. HOpe it keeps working for you!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Seagull

Seagull New Member

that actually did good for me over the years -- actually less than one hand. One was Wellbutrin. I was put on that for the off-label use of pain reduction. It did help for a few weeks and then quit. Raising the dosage made it work again, but only for a few more weeks, so my doctors discontinued it. Then there was Relafen -- another wonderfully effective drug that greatly reduced my pain. It worked for several months, then stopped working. There were maybe one or two more over the years that helped for a little while, but then quit or gave me adverse side effects. Such is my history with all meds. So, I will be grateful for however long this med works for me, but I know it will eventually quit working the way it should and I will again be back at square one. :-}

seagull