After 5 months of remission I'm sick again....so depressed.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, May 18, 2006.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I haven't been on here much at all lately. I have been feeling really good (for me). Not joggin or anything but without pain, nausea, crushing fatigue, fasiculations, etc.

Now I'm on day 3 of feeling horrible. I hate this. Every time it goes away I hope it will stay away and it never does.

I've been going to the FFC but the protocol hasn't helped. I've always had the months of good, months of bad cycle. They want to treat me for Lyme but I can't afford it right now! I'm so scared and sick of this.

Does anyone else go thru this cycle?

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. addictedtobrew

addictedtobrew New Member

I'm sorry you arent feeling well again. I am new to this whole thing but just wanted to add some support and let you know I am sorry.
  3. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, after feeling so good for so long. This DD has a way of knocking us down when we start feeling up. I've had a string of good days, but not nearly as long as three months.

Do you think it could be the change of seasons? I've read that in the winter and summer, the weather pattern is much more stable. And in the fall and spring, people feel worse because low pressures come and go quickly.

All I can say is, you felt good for quite a while, just hang onto that thought and know those good times WILL come again.

Hugs,
    Nancy
  4. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi, I've got a similar story to yours. I got sick in Nov 03, and was starting to go into remission by April 04.

for the next 15 months I was able to work full time in a stressful corporate job, exercise almost every day, live a normal life. I still had to be careful about getting enough sleep and not drinking alcohol. It wasnt a totally clear remission though. I had a couple of times where the symptoms came back and I would be off work for 1 - 2 weeks.

Each time this happened I was terrified that this would be the time I would fully relapse and not get better.

Then in July last year, things started going downhill. I was noticing more and more symptoms coming back - fatigue, headaches, nausea, pain. Again, I took days off sick from work.

I made it through till the end of the year, hopeful I would "recover" over my christmas holiday, but the opposite happened. Up till March this year, I was only manageing to work 15 - 20 hours per week (not my usual 40).

So, I asked my boss for 3 months off. I was due to return in a few weeks, but I've just notified them that I am too sick to return to work. It's very upsetting as I loved my job and they are sorry to see me go.

The wierd thing is, since I stopped work a few months ago, my symptoms have gotten worse and worse every week, with new ones starting (more neurological and cognitive ones).

I totally understand how you feel. This time last year I really thought I had this thing under control but now I realise that it has control of me. I just have to let go and stop fighting it.

I'm trying to accept that this is just how my life is right now, there is no point in getting all worked up about it (which I have been doing).

My advice would be to take the time you need now, rather than trying to force yourself back to your "normal" routine to quickly. I made that mistake, and I wish I had listened to my body more.

Take care
    Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2006]
  5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I am sorry that you have relapsed. Yes, this has happened to me. The pattern that I see in me is that stress and viruses trigger the relapse.

I don't know what you eat and if you take supplements, but this is really important. Do some research on these topics if you can. Eating a nutritous, clean organic diet and the right supplements can really help.

I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs,

Skierchik
  6. jane32

jane32 New Member

but on the positive it is great your body can feel that good for so long. I have one good week and then it starts to go downhill. My illness has cycled like that since last year. Hopefully, your remission times get longer and longer.
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

That you are flaring again. I have this patterning too. It is really bad, but I guess better than being ill all of the time.

I have noticed too that my flares are getting longer.

I hope this is just a glitch and you start to feel better relaly soon.

Love Anne C