After camping REEEEEEEally sore legs! ?'s

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kloet4, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

I have just come back from 4 days camping with my children. On the third day my left leg upper thigh was so sore if one of my children touched it I almost cried. When I walked I felt like it would give out. The right leg was alittle sore but not as bad as the left. Anyone have this or know if it is just part of this disease.

On another note does anyone now if they can answer this question about my 6 year old daughter. Her and I were in the same tent sleeping and every night she tossed and turned and breathed heavy I could not believe how much she moved around. She had her tonsils and adnoids out at the age of 5. Could she at such a young age be suffering from sleep apnea? I do not know if I should bring this to my doctors attention? Any advice would be much appreciated.

God Bless.
    Lisa K.
  2. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

Hoping someone has some answers and can help me!
  3. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I don't know what to tell you about your daughter. My kids sleep like rocks. But as for the sore muscles, did you do any hiking, climbing, squatting, or anything else unusual, even if it wasn't much of it? Whenever I weed my flower beds or my garden, even if I'm just squatting for 20 minutes and feel fine, after a couple of days my legs hurt just as you've described. It's excrutiating. I'm pretty sure that with FM, when you get sore muscles they get REALLY sore - much worse than other people's. That's my theory, anyway. Anyone else have this problem?
  4. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

We came back from R.I. last night and was complaining to my husband about my sore legs.We slept in a pop-up but did some beach walking.Also did some clamming walking in the murky water trudging through mud.Well we came in and once we got settled [which my house is still trashed lol] I came on line and there was your question!I think we all found this place thru the grace of God to share our problems.Hopefully are jelly legs will feel better in a few days.Take care.
    Lumare
  5. suz41

suz41 New Member

Lisa:

I spent 2.5 weeks traveling out west hiking, and camping, is it possible you are achey and sore from sleeping on the ground in a tent. I know that for me changes in beds or sleeping on an air mattress doesn't always help. Have you tried taking an epsom salts or lavender bath? I have found that when I am achey or sore the bathtub can become my best friend. Also if you were away from home the water could have been different, and if you did anything that you usually don't do it could be causing the achiness. If the pain continues I would call the doctor and see if you can get a pain reliver short term to help you get back to normal. As for you daughter in the tent perhaps it was being in a different place or was she overly tired. My 11 year old daughter is a very restless sleeper when she is overtired or sometimes just in a new environment. By the way did you sit alot in the car in order to get to your destination? I'm running on; try the hot bath and keep us posted hope you feel better soon! Soft Soft Hugs.

Suz
  6. Gehoo

Gehoo New Member

I'm not sure what to till you about your sore legs. My legs hert constantly.

My son had his tonsils and adnoids out at the age of 5 also. Two years ago. Recently his Dr. sent him to a ENT for sleep apnea. The ENT found that his adnoids have regrown and are to be removed again soon.

Take Care
    Gehoo
  7. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

Went to the State Fair yesterday and my legs are soooooo sore. Couldn't believe it when I saw your post,,,exactly what I'm also experiencing.

I think part of my problem is Restless Leg Syndrome which just started up about 10 days ago. Also, I am finally starting to see a break in the clouds with the fatigue,,,,YIPEE,,,and may be overdoing these old legs that have been bedridden for almost 2 years. Debi