After Christmas When we get the new sweaters and coats take your

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Dec 18, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

If you live any were near a big city.

This is what my family and friends do for the NEW YEAR.

We go out early morning and bring our old sweaters sweat shirts and coats into the city.We go to the bridges and you always see a family or two .Even some single folks with no place to live.

We give them our clothes and a sandwich and a hot drink.Not all have shelters to go to.They are all so full.

If you have old blankets thats good to.

Take a drive.I know its hard in the pain were in .But to see there faces light up will make you forget about your pain for a few.

It is the best way to ring in the new year.

Hugs
    Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2005]
  2. bozey

bozey New Member

That would give you a warm and fuzzy feeling to do that. I'm sure the look on their face would be something to remember for a long time.

Last year, a homeless guy near where my husband was working, asked him for $1.53 so he could go to a fast food place and get a chicken sandwich and a coffee. My husband gave him a ten. He said the guy looked at him with tears in his eyes and said Thank you sir. It made my husband almost cry and he is very macho, but he has a warm heart.

bozey
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I live in a small community and do take our coats - only if they are still in great condition, of course - to our school. I call to ask if they have anyone that could use them first so I am not bombarding them but this year I gave them 3 kids coats.

I do that because I don't think there is anything wrong with a hand-me-down and I do not like to have rummages because of the hassle. I try to give away as much as possible.

Being from my area I tend to forget about those living on the street. Great idea and I hope you have fun while doing it!

Kelly
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

And Thank you for sharing that with us.

I live between 4 Freeway's, one is just 3 blocks over, and you see, People, sitting or standing around there, and asking for change, when people are stuck at the Red light.
    There's one lady, that I always give some money to, at the end of the month, she is on SSDI, but is still Homeless, which is not unusual here in So Ca.
    She stay's clean, and I feel like, that saying,
    "There, but for the Grace of God go I".

I think DH and I will do that this Christmas, yep, that's a good idea.
    GOD BLESS YOU, and Merry Christmas,
    sharonk