After getting Long Term Disability anyone had problem being follo

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosetta, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

What is it like when you get your LTD? I have heard stories about being followed and photographed or video taped. Also that the LTD insurance talking to friends and neighbors? Do they really do this? Do we have any rights if they stop paying? I have already been out $5,000 for a lawyer just trying to get benefits. Does anyone know if the LTD insurance has to pay for lawyer fees if you win?
  2. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

What is it like when you get your LTD? I have heard stories about being followed and photographed or video taped. Also that the LTD insurance talking to friends and neighbors? Do they really do this? Do we have any rights if they stop paying? I have already been out $5,000 for a lawyer just trying to get benefits. Does anyone know if the LTD insurance has to pay for lawyer fees if you win?
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I doubt they will pay your attorney fees. They would just say you chose to get one, that it wasn't necessary. I'm sure it was or you wouldn't have gotten one, but just putting myself in their place.

I've been on LTD since last March. I haven't seen anyone following me or videotaping me. If they are it will be very boring! My neighbors wouldn't have a lot to tell them either. They see me out on my scooter when I walk my dog and that's about it. I do know some better than just to say hi to, but this is a new neighborhood and I have been ill since we moved in.

Barbara
  4. little

little Member

The insurance company sent someone to my sister-in-laws work and stood right by her and watched her work. They wanted to make sure that she didn't do anything that she wasn't supposed to do. I have heard that they even take pictures of people washing their car. I fill out papers every couple of years and see one of their doctors. Once a man came to my house to fill out the papers. I have been on disability for about 15 years. I had to pay for my own lawyer. HAVE A GREAT DAY. GAIL