after I eat I feel sick?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sjogrens, Feb 2, 2006.

1. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I was wondering if anyone feels sick after they eat? I have noticed this for the last month. Sometimes it is a mild nausious(sp) feeling and sometimes really bad. I don't know what is going on. Has this happened to anyone? Right after I eat I feel better like I needed to eat and then it gets worse.
    Thanks
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You may have a ulcer. Maybe you should see your doctor. If not, you could try the "over the counter" Prilosec and see if it makes you feel better. I think the drugs like Prilosec are pretty safe, but the best thing is to see your doctor.

I have a good friend who had the same symptoms and wound up being diagnosed with three ulcers when she was finally anemic.
  3. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

I was feeling sick and would have rushes of fatigue after I ate.

Share your symptoms with your doctor first, such as was mentioned about ulcers.

I found for me I have to start on an elimination diet. I came to realize the some foods that were bothering me would take a while to impact my system so it was difficult to know. In any case, most of the time, I now can eat without feeling nauseated.
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

I felt really nauseous the entire month of December.

I had a stomach virus, and then the nausea wouldn't go away.

I finally started taking probiotics, and it worked for me in a few days.

Hope it helps.
  5. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

I feel the same way sometimes and I found out that I had acid reflux. There are several meds out there OTC that may help.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Lindy
  6. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

allergy testing which showed a lot of different allergies. When I cut those foods out my stomach calmed down tremendously. It's amazing how allergies can affect one.

good luck.
  7. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking dairy also because I am lactose intolerant. The strange thing is one time I ate a pear and it didn't sit well. So its just food in general not just dairy. Like right now I just had my morning coffee and I feel sick to my stomach. I think I will call the doctor.
  8. lin-z

lin-z New Member

My sister had similar symptoms and was a wreck because she is a cancer survivor. Any way it turned out to be an ulcer caused by bacteria..they were able to do a simple blood test to determine it! We all were thrilled. All she needed was heavy duty antibiotics which kinda upset her tummy but then she felt fine again.

Good Luck
  9. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

Sorry to ask, but how is your anxiety. I have been going though this too. Anything I put in my mouth makes me nauseous. It makes me gag and feel awful. But I am also experiencing other symptoms. I feel sick and at the same time wired and shaky inside. I have been also experiencing adrenaline rush one after another and my anxiety is pretty bad. On top of that I have been experiencing these strange episodes I wrote about on the board. I do not know where this is coming from but here it is. Somehow I feel that if I could calm my body down, the nausea would go down, but as of now I have not been able to do it.
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Many meds can create a feeling of nuasea after eatijng and before too. It is something to do with the acid reaction in gut. I get dizzy when I sit down to eat, I was wondering if you get a bit lightheaded or dizzy, as often this makes me feel queasy. Oh I posted a while back that Organic Valley have a great tasting lactose free organic milk out now-tastes great.
    Love Anne
  11. tngirl

tngirl New Member

the only thing I can add is that I found the non drowsy Dramamine helped with the nausea.

I too have dealt with ibs, esophogeal spasms, reflux, nausea and gallbladder issues.

It can truly make me miserable to be nauseous.

Can you see a pattern to what you are eating? I have learned there are certain foods that make my stomach problems worse.

Sometimes eating smaller amounts helps. I also found that liquids were more tolerated when things were really bad for me. I drank carnation instant breakfast drink, slimfast, ensure, etc. Those things process through the stomach faster than solids.