After serious fatigue flare... Too Sensitive?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wendysj, Feb 19, 2009.

1. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Everyone!

I have been fairly well these past few months. Since getting a rheumy, I haven't felt "lost" anymore... Like no doctor even cared. That alone made me feel better. Sleeping pretty well and still using my elipticall every night for 15 minutes. My doctor told me to hold at 15 minutes because I was "pushing" myself too hard. (The old me LOVED to push!) Overall: I'm able to work and play with my dog - good enough!

My "super-severe fatigue" came on Friday night through Tuesday... I somehow managed to get rid of it by Wednesday. (I don't know how, it usually last longer when it hits... but I was happy to see it go!) However, last night and this morning I have been overly sensative. Anything my boyfriend said hurt my feelings. I'm definitely not like that usually.

I was wondering if any of you ever have the "too sensitive" thing after the fatigue lets up?

Thanks for your replies!

2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

I was really hoping this was common with FM/CFS. I hate admitting that the menopause is breaking through my Lexapro... It isn't often but mood swings are awful. It feels like I have no control. I can see the rational side of me but I can't get to it... Feels like PMS on steriods!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

we can become emotionally as well as physically debilitated - that is our emotions are affected by our illness especially by flares.

This can cause us to be weepy, easily irritated, angry etc.

My husband knows when I'm like this that I'm not meaning to be nasty or hurtful and that I really can't help it at the time so he now shrugs it off.

Always apologise though and explain what's going on til your boyfriend understands that it's not him and it's not you, its the illness.

4. wendysj

wendysj New Member

That makes me feel a little better. I always apologize almost immediately. He's really great about communicating and understanding. I am very lucky.

I'm happy that you have such an understanding husband!