After the yeast die off? Recovery time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suetimestwo, Oct 13, 2002.

1. suetimestwo

suetimestwo New Member

It's been 16 days since I started Ketoconazol to kill of the bad yeast. I also stopped sugar, most caffine, diet drinks, and processed products. I take a multi-vitamin,ZMA, and Flax oil. I know parts of me are getting better but I still have zero energy and am wondering if I can get others that have done this process to give me some ideas on how to get the energy back. Also can I get some idea of time frames of recovery, i.e. two months, a year, never?

Thanks and Hugs - Susan
  2. suetimestwo

suetimestwo New Member

It's been 16 days since I started Ketoconazol to kill of the bad yeast. I also stopped sugar, most caffine, diet drinks, and processed products. I take a multi-vitamin,ZMA, and Flax oil. I know parts of me are getting better but I still have zero energy and am wondering if I can get others that have done this process to give me some ideas on how to get the energy back. Also can I get some idea of time frames of recovery, i.e. two months, a year, never?

Thanks and Hugs - Susan
  3. sean

sean New Member

If you are on a strict anti candida diet, you are most probably getting little in the way of energy giving foods, if you are not already doing so, why don't you start introducing fruit back into your diet. Better still buy a juicer, and try juicing carrots, apples or other fruit. Have a glass of juice 20 minutes before doing some excersize, and 5 minutes after if you are able to. If you plan to follow a anti candida diet long term, make sure you are getting a balanced diet.
  4. ali-may

ali-may New Member

... avoid carrots in the meantime. Instead, the green veges will do you more good and won't intefere with the diet (whereas carrots will) - cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, broccoli, beans... you can juice all of these, but it is probably better to eat them! It will taste better and you will get the benefit of their fibre also.

I've been doing an anti-candida regimen, and I do feel much better. I haven't been keeping a time frame on it, but I'm roughly 2 months down the track. I'm going to keep taking my anti-fungals for a while, as I'm still having problems with the tongue coating coming back. When my tongue is clear then I'll consider myself better.

For energy, I'm taking high doses of organic New Zealand spirulina, which is very easily assimilated by the body. It will provide you with the B vitamins much better than a multivitamin. I take 2400mg (6 capsules) twice a day with meals. You can take 2400mg up to three times a day, but twice a day is working for me. It will also help your immune system and help your body to heal from the infection. I can give you more advice on how to take spirulina and how to combine it with other foods (eg using spirulina powder) if you like. My email is ali-may@es.co.nz I could give you some recipes that use spirulina and boost your energy if you like.

Also, take extra vitamin C. I take 1000mg.

I have discovered that because I have a very low intake of dairy, I may have a calcium deficiency - so I will also supplement with calcium starting this week. I recommend that anyone on anti-candida diet should do this - especially women!

Karen Tripp has a website of anti-candida recipes which I've found helpful. It is not as strict as the usual anti-candida diet, but it helped me get through the bad times. You can eat cheese as long as it is well-cooked and eaten hot. So I confess I did this! I used mozzarella cheese, which is considered ok for anti-candida diets, but I didn't go overboard with it.

So, all in all - make sure you are eating energy-giving foods such as chicken, fish, green vegetables (and most other vegetables except carrots!), plain unsweetened acidophilus yoghurt, almonds, seeds, fruits such as apples if you can tolerate them, and use spirulina if you can.

You could also help your bloodstream to cleanse by drinking green tea or taking a green tea supplement. I usually take supplements but have run out, so I'm just drinking green tea this week.

I also hear that the macrobiotic diet is very good. Madonna lives on this diet and look at her, she is so healthy! Okay I know she doesn't have this DD or candida, but she is pretty aware of how to keep her body healthy and nourished. I read she also drinks ginger tea for energy. I was looking into the macrobiotic diet, there are lots of websites about it - interesting principles, but I don't think I could stick to it!

Maybe you could also see a nutritionist to make sure your diet is meeting your energy requirements.

I hope this helps!

Ali

[This Message was Edited on 10/13/2002]
  5. sean

sean New Member

You mentioned carrots interfere with the diet, I have never heard of this before, can you please explain how?
  6. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Actually, I forget exactly how! LOL
    But I'll look up my regular sites and post the info.

I just know that I've stayed away from carrots for some reason!

Ali
  7. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Ok - some people say you can eat carrots on the candida diet. But the reason I avoided them is...

On many candida websites it is listed under "foods to avoid". This is because carrots have a high glycemic index, which means they break down easily. High glycemic foods are said to nourish candida! Bananas, parsnips and potatoes are also included in that list (however, I did eat moderate amounts of potato).

Ali