aftermath

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by illroy, Feb 21, 2010.

1. illroy

illroy Member

I put a message for you in a discussion thread about PR after your message there, but then the thread disappeared. I was wondering if you had considered setting up another forum. I think your idea for using that software was excellent and I like your philosophy for running a forum.
    There is a forum for XMRV, but I think that might narrow the scope too much.
    http://www.xandxmrv.com/
    Of course, feel free to repeat what you wrote before and comment further.
  2. aftermath

aftermath New Member

It's something I may consider at some point. Still, a fair amount of my energy is used up on working and other projects in life right now. That's why I gift wrapped the idea and handed it off to someone else.

I definitely regret not going through with the idea on my own instead of giving it away for nothing in return. -only to see a whole bunch of third parties suddenly involved in it without my ever being consulted. The next thing I knew, posts were disappearing, people were getting warned for sharing their opinions, etc.

I really wish that they would simply find better software for this forum here. The ProHealth upgrade of a year ago was to an INFERIOR product. We really need the ability to send private messages, have a capable search function, etc. Otherwise, this is the best forum on there on this issue.
  3. Don'tLook

Don'tLook New Member

The post you replied to was deleted because the original user name did not want a link to a particular blog on their thread.

I posted a link for you regarding your request for a factual refute of the Mike Dessin story.

I will post the link again on a seperate thread entitled "Blog".

DL
  4. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I agree with what illroy said. I think many people would join a forum that you started. You have a lot of respect within the M.E./CFS community.

Should you ever decide to start one I hope you let us know...
  5. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

"I really wish that they would simply find better software for this forum here. The ProHealth upgrade of a year ago was to an INFERIOR product. We really need the ability to send private messages, have a capable search function, etc. Otherwise, this is the best forum on there on this issue."

There is a cfs forum running an IP Board. It's at cfs-info dot com.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2010]