AGAIN...Changing profile pic...I can't do it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hermitlady, Aug 11, 2008.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Well, I tried again today (8/17) to change my pic, several times! It just doesn't work for me. It seems like it is random as to when it will actually work. I tried different methods like logging out and back in, leaving the site, quitting and reopening my browser....A few times my original pic was gone, and then it came back! The new picture must be lost in space somewhere. This frustrates me terribly, I am not a computer person!!

I had another cute kitten to share, but maybe it'll show up later!
    Original post:

I'm having trouble changing my pic. I've had a hard time with this before and I can't remember what I was doing wrong.

I went to "edit profile", "replace picture", chose the picture, closed the window, clicked on the edit button at the bottom of my profile....and nothing.

Then I tried removing my current picture and then adding the new one. All it did was remove the first pic.

I'm so confused.....does it take a long time before it actually gets changed, or does the computer not like me? I have a cute pic of one of my kittens that I wanted to share w fellow cat lovers!

[This Message was Edited on 08/17/2008]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

go to edit profile like you did - click on 'replace picture', do NOT tick 'remove my current picture' - then it will give you the browse box to find your photo.

Then go to bottom and click 'update profile' and it should work.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing photo of kitties.

3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Thanks for the tip rosie...I did the same last night and it wouldn't work. Now this morning I tried again and it worked, go figure! So now you can see one of my kittens:)
  4. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

The "trick" is closing either the browser or the website, and coming back. Or, you can simply go to the profile page after you changed pics and hit the "refresh" or "reload" button in the toolbar at the top of the screen. It changed the first time you did it. Next time you change pics, just refresh the page. (The refresh/reload icon is usually a circle made up of one or two arrows.)

Indy is adorable! I love how dark he is on his body, with stripes too. I love that name. I considered it for both my dog and my 2 kittens. Unfortunately, my husband never likes the same names I do. Indy would have been a perfect name for my dog Hailey, the way she races around the yard full-speed whenever a car passes.

How are all the cats doing? Are they staying well? I have thought about you, poor Murfy and all your other cats over the last few weeks.
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

what a beautiful wee kitten, he is gorgeous, I love his coat.

they grow so quickly too.

6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Indy is the most unique looking kitten of the litter. His head coloring has lightened up, but for the first few wks he looked like a

Indy is from Indiana Jones (that's where I got it from), but my son says it's after the Indy 500!

The kids and I gave them all names: Indy, Gus, Violet, Stu, Homer, and Bart (from The Simpsons). The Momcat is Marge (Simpson again!) They'll probably get new names when they're adopted, but we're keeping Indy and Gus.

I need to take more pics, I'll update my pic soon.