Again...what works for you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rplans, Jun 19, 2009.

1. rplans

rplans New Member

This topic is like old...since 2006. Does anyone have anything current that is helping them? Any supplements or anything that is really helping them on a regular basis?

I am off meds except for some "pm relief" to try to help me sleep, etc. I try to eat a fairly high protien diet and get what little exercise I can. Does it work? Sometimes, but I am in a major flare and have been for the past few months. I feel like I need to start over, but not sure where. The problem w/ supps. is the cost and they certainly aren't covered by insurance.

I don't want to step on any toes or do the wrong thing, but this is about helping each other and sharing info so I would like to know what people are taking/doing to help....even if it means naming a brand, etc.

2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

google immunovir and have a read, basically it is an immune modulator which some have had success with treating viral induced cfs. One well known european dr said that the amino acid version inosine is almost identical and has been helpful for cfs/ebv etc.

I ordered inosine from which have good cheap supplements and used ultimate nutrition brand, this cost me $9 a bottle, i bought 3 from memory. I dosed between 2-6 tabs(3-4 weeks worth) spread throughout the day with weekends off, apparently immune modulators work better when doses a varied.

Initially felt worse but noticed a good improvement in sleep with reduced reliance on sleep meds, and 1-2 weeks increase in general wellbeing and stamina. This worked well for 2 months then stopped working, but from what i have read you should use it 2 months on 2 months off.

I havent used inosine a second time yet as i have been on antivirals, famvir with good improvement for last 6 months, working fulltime and exercising again. Sleep is still ordanary and will be using inosine again soon to see if it improves my sleep again.

Its a good cheap supp worth trying and may get you out of a hole.

good luck!
  3. frickly

frickly New Member

I started with the following prescriptions which got me out of my chair and moving again. I was still having some pain and still had to be careful about not doing too much so I started all the supplements listed below. Since starting them my recovery time continues to decrease and I continue to improve each week. Another interesting note: my gynocologist told me I would have to have surgery due to irregular menstral cycle that was effecting my day to day living and that it would only continue to get worse(won't go into detail). About two months after starting supplements it is totally normal again.

Antibiotic for mycoplasmal infection
    Glutithione/ATP injections

TriEnza- digestive enzyme
    ProOmega-Omega 3
    Good Multi Vitamin
    Acetyl L Carnitine
    Good B Complex
    Vitamin C powder-kirkman
    Calcium powder

Just started taking:

Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate-vitamin B6

I edited to add that, yes, it is expensive to start all these supplements but for me it was well worth it. I am convinced that this has prevented me from becoming totally debilitated and is why I am getting back to having a normal life.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2009]