Ages 70 to 80

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ggks, Sep 4, 2002.

1. ggks

ggks New Member

I searched and searched but I could not find "me" in the age groups. I am age 71 and have had FM for 10 years.
    I am having lots and lots of trouble with my feet. I have a spur and planter faciitis with both feet.
  2. ggks

ggks New Member

I searched and searched but I could not find "me" in the age groups. I am age 71 and have had FM for 10 years.
    I am having lots and lots of trouble with my feet. I have a spur and planter faciitis with both feet.
  3. SharonR

SharonR New Member

then could you take this research group on, from 60 thru?
    It would be greatly appreciated for our research. Just leave the post up for a week, bumping it daily, and let's see how many post you get.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat New Member

you are surely needed in this research ggks...

Bump for you....Wildcat
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Hang in there...you MAY be my role-model...I'm 47 and have suffered for 29 years......

Love,
    Kady
  6. ggks

ggks New Member

Just bumping this up.
  7. ggks

ggks New Member

Bumping this up again.
  8. INHISGRIP

INHISGRIP New Member

Hi ggks, In reading some of the posts I thought I was the only one over 60. I am 64 and was dx with fm in March of this year. I have been suffering for 10 years or more.

I have trouble with my feet too. I often have pain in my heels and big toes. Shoes feel very uncomfortable and I cannot keep them on.

This is a wonderful idea. If I can help, please let me know.

INHISGRIP (Dorothy)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2002]
  9. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

10. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

Another bump.
  11. ggks

ggks New Member

12. ggks

ggks New Member

Bump
    I am bumping this up one more time. I guess I am one of the very few who have this and are over age 70.
    ggks
  13. Deana

Deana Guest

Everyone no matter what there age is welcome and included.
    It just goes to show us that this DD doesnt care.
    Besides your just the captain of a category of ages that way.
    Hope to talk again You can add wisdom to us as well as everyone else here.

Deana
  14. mart

mart New Member

70 to ????? Golly Gee...I'm an ancient79 and do I have problems no one seems to have heard of??? Can't seem to handle light headedness...?,help!!
  15. liora

liora New Member

I don't know all her specific problems. I know for years and years she had problems with her feet....I remember regular visits to the pod. doc. Orthotics etc....forever later, she is still using her orthotics when she actually puts shoes on. but she has the worst swelling in her feet right now. She has cellutitis on her ankle, but both feet are severly swollen. Becuase she has always had problems with corns and she had surgery about 10 years ago to correct hammer toes, I have a feeling that might be the source of the cellulitis. anyway I'll check in with her about the spurs, not sure what plantar faciitis is, but I'll check that too.
  16. clueless

clueless New Member

I know now that I have had fibro for many years. I worked for 25 yrs. for Motorola in various jobs. My first problem that I can remember is being so deadly tired. I went to the doctor and he did blood work and nothing came up so it was dropped.Even back when I was in my late 20`s and 30`s my legs tired so easily, a deep pulling muscl e tired.In my fortys the doctor felt sure of a thyroid and autoimmune problem but no red flags came up.Then in about 1991 all of a sudden my legs and feet started burning and paining with electric like pains shooting out my toes. That was the beginning of the end. At this time i have all 18 trigger points testing positive with all the goodies that go with this terrible disease. I am naturally an ambitious person and I can`t even run my vacum cleaner. I am on oxycontin,klonopin, neurontin and lortabs 7.5 for break through pain. Our last years have been curtailed down to zilch!! I don`t know as it would have made any difference back then as far as help is concerned as they are still denying the disease today with millions suffering with it .