AIDS doc in Palm Springs, Ca area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dolphin_lover, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

Anyone in the Palm Springs area know of a good AIDS doctor?

Latest research is showing that high viral levels of HHV-6A are a cause of CFS. It can only be detected by lumbar puncture (spinal tap). Blood tests are very unreliable. Latest CFS research is being done by very prominent AIDS researchers (among them, Dr. Gallo, co-discoverer of the HIV virus). After undergoing the above mentioned procedure and finding out I have high viral levels of HHV-6A, I have decided to seek treatment with an AIDS doctor. They seem to be on the cutting edge of treatments. My doctor, Peterson (of Incline Village, CFS outbreak and former Cheney partner) is too far for me to go to as often as I need to for anti-viral treatment. Does anyone know of a good AIDS doctor in the Palm Springs area? Are you familiar with HHV-6A and CFIDS? If not, go online and read about HHV-6A, HHV-6a + AIDS and HHV-6A + CFS. You will be quite surprized.

Thank you for any help or input you can provide!

Dolphin_lover
  2. orachel

orachel New Member

...right? So I guess its not that surprising, really. I just watched that amazing movie about Dr. Gallo a few days ago...my gosh, its a famous movie, and I can't think of the name of it. FOG strikes again! Is is something with Band? I just cant remember! lol

Anyway, if he's involved in the research it must be a pretty credible theory. My best suggestion is to go to webmd. They offer referrals by speciality, and even list ins coverage, which really helped me when I was searching for a doc.

Happy hunting!!!
  3. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

Thanks Orachel! (I hope I spelled that correctly. I should have written down your name. Damn memory! Good idea on webmd. I am also going to call local AIDS organizations for docs. I think the name of the movie was "And the band played on". Did not see it, but am aware of the book. Check out the info on HHV-6A. It is quite compelling!

kindest regards,
    Dolphin_lover
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

And yep, you spelled it right! And nope, you sure aren't the only one who has that problem! I almost wish while you were posting to one of the other "responses" that you could see all of them. Would make it easier for me with wacky fog issues.

You brilliant thing you! It was "and the band played on"!!! That's been driving me utterly batty not being able to remeber that, so thanks.

I'd be really thankful for any specific research you could direct me to re: HHV 6A.....I'm extraordinarily interested, but theres sooooo much info out there. Would love a quick referral on good "jumping off point" for my research. And make sure, if you do get a chance to respond, not to use and email addresses, or we'll be flogged. Maybe just author and name of article, or journal it was published in and month? Just throwing out possibilities, and would be thrilled with anything you can send my way. But, page me on the board if you do, ok? I've been so foggy lately that really hard for me to check back in with old posts to see updates, yada yada yada. Also, wanted to let you know (don't know how on earth I could have forgotten this!), but this site itself has a fantastic resource for researching docs/referrals, etc. So give that a look also...plus, added benefit of trying to limit their referrals to docs who are willing and able to work with those of us with DD!

Hope you're happy and healthy!
    Rachel