Air conditioning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Apr 23, 2007.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Has anyone noticed if air conditioning makes your pain sky rocket?

We've been leaving our windows open at night around here, and I've been doing great, but mum decided last night she needed the A/C on so she could sleep better, but she even moved the temperature UP so it wouldn't be too cold for me.

Regardless of that, I have still woken up in a ton of pain, even tho I was no colder than usual.

Why is this? O_O
  2. jole

jole Member

Is one of the very WORST things for me. One of the reasons I had to quit my job was my desk was right beside the airconditioner, and they wouldn't let me switch desks. The only time I could get rid of the pain was to go outside on breaks and let the sun beat down on me.

I wore so many clothes they all made fun of me, and even that didn't help. I don't know the answer to why it hurts so bad, but it does. We keep ours set on 78 in the summer in our home and use ceiling fans, and that is still too cool for me with the fans on. I just can't tolerate cold weather either though.

Hope you find a solution to being comfortable....
  3. woohooo

woohooo New Member

Low thyroid can possibly account for our sensitivity to cold.
  4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Well, I am glad I'm not the only one that has this problem.

It's really weird what can affect all of us!

This house is awful tho, coz it's a catch-22 when it comes to the A/C.

My mum and dad both need it for their allergies. I SHOULD need it for my allergies but I need it off instead. I'd rather deal with early morning snuffles and sore throats than pain all day.

Oddly enough, though, car A/C doesn't bother me.