Air Hunger, Shortness of Breath, and Vit. B

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DeborahLynn, Feb 10, 2011.

1. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I was again reminded of how important it is to make sure we get adequate B vitamins. Here's an old post that might help someone:

"My breathing problems feel like "air hunger" (which I've read is common with CFS), in which I feel like I can't get a sufficient breath of air; like I can't get that satisfied deep breath or yawn. It almost feels like a mild panic attack.

Over the years, I have come to find out that a B vitamin deficiency caused my breathing problems. I take a B complex now, and have no more problems with breathing.

Also what helped me are deep breathing exercises; I was taught at Uchee Pines Health Institute to inhale for four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, and then breath out for nine seconds. This has a refreshing feeling benefit also.

Before I learned about the B vit., I tried probiotics, which seemed to help some too.

There's nothing more frustrating than trying to get enough air, and feeling like you can't!"

I'm reviving this post in hopes it will help someone else with this disturbing problem. I am happy to share this. It's an easy relief to at least one of the many terrible symptoms we have to deal with.

God bless!

2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Along the lines of deep breathing, as you've mentioned, is to be sure and have plenty of fresh air circulating in our bedrooms (which is kind of difficult in the middle of winter). It does make a difference, doesn't it?!

I'll have to check out the Art of Living site...

Thanks, Jammin!