Air Purifiers....I am looking for...Can anyone help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Apr 9, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I am looking for a great air purifier.

It must be one with true HEPA filter and have a HIGH CADR Rating.

I have three large dogs so one of the most important functions must be for it to remove animal dander and dust.

I have to clean a lot and this gets hard, as all of us know.

Of course, I like clean fresh air too.

It would prefer one that is black or grey.

I need one that covers 400 square feet.

I will like to spend under $200.00 (a little over that price is OK too).

Thanks in advance!!
    Brenda
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

We've used both water & air filters since the 80's and I "know" they work for us. I keep "two" in my bedroom so I can open the windows & the pollens, fireplace smokes, etc. don't get me.

We have tried several, but right now ar happy with the above, as it's so quiet. They have a website.

LIGHT**********carole
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I first got one of those ionizers --- waste of my money, could not tell one bit of difference.

Then, we got a Hunter brand air purifier at Lowe's and it has a HEPA filter, and a pre-filter that gets all the smoke, smells, etc. out.

We also have a long-haired cat and our daughter's dog is here about 3 times a week.

WE LOVE THE HUNTER'S purifier!!! In fact, I liked it so well, that I bought my mother one for Mother's Day last year and I bought us another one, only smaller, to keep in our sun room (we built in our back porch and just call it a sun room!!! LOL) -- that is where we keep our litter box.

We could definitely tell the difference the very next day!

I think they are great!!!

Both of my daughers have the same type that we do - one daughter has 2 long-haired cats and the other one has only 1 dog.

I think ours may have been $169 or so -- can't remember prices very well!

Hope you find one that you like!

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

She loves it, we got on payments tho, they are not cheap, but they are worth it.
    When I visted her last Oct. I noticed a difference in the air, we both love animals, so we have to contend with their fur, plus she lives close to an Onion Factory, and it was making her miserable.

Now I want one, but have to wait, till it comes on sale again, lol, DH just bought a new Truck, there went my spending money, lol . It's for his work, so it was needed.

Also, when they have the sales, you can get 2 for the house and they also have one for the car. That is the one I really want, as I live in an Indurstral area, and the air stinks, inside and out, ick!

Hope you find one that will work for you, the way you want.
    And let us know, if you would, how well it works,
    sharonk