AIR SHOW TODAYEXHAUSTED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lois1023, Jul 1, 2006.

1. lois1023

lois1023 New Member

Today was the annual air show here. They have all those World War II fighter planes. It's kind of neat since I live right on the hill overlooking the airport. If you stand on the crest of the hill as the planes come in to land you can almost reach up and grab them. They are only about 8 feet above us at that point. They are so loud.

Unfortunatly because of where I live it means everyone comes to my house. I still haven't recovered from my son's graduation on the 11th so this was really overwhelming.

I apologized to everyone ahead of time and told them I would not be able to cook so if they wanted food they would need to bring it. Of course no one brought anything. I just put out some chips and salsa and some chex mix and I filled a couple of coolers with drinks.

Normally when I'm expecting people I worry about how clean the house is but there was just no way I would have been able to clean for company. I cleaned the toilet, wiped down the sink and then I made a big sign for all to see when they walked in the house. It said:
    SORRY FOR
    THE MESS
    PLEASE FEEL FREE
    TO CLEAN IT UP
    IF IT BOTHERS YOU

Everybody laughed when they read the sign and they all said they didn't care what the house looked like (I think they were afraid I'd put them to work if they complained). And amazingly I didn't have to wait on anybody. They even cleaned up after themselves, And they even waited on me.

Maybe I'll just keep that sign up

LOIS

2. kriket

kriket New Member

Sounds neat. I bet it's neat to be that close to the planes. Did the noise bother you. I would have been a nervous wreck from the noise.

Kriket
  3. lois1023

lois1023 New Member

The first year the noise scared the heck out of me. Early in the morning 3 p-51's flew over my house. I thought we were under attack. I didn't know there even was an air show.
    But it doesn't bother me anymore. I just don't bother to try and watch tv or anything while they are flying.
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

I bet that did scare the heck out of you, not knowing what in the heck was going on. I would have probably thought the same thing.

Kriket
  5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I just might adopt your sign!!

Good for you.

June
  6. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

that is so cute, the sign!!!

i LOVE air shows. we just had one here. FANTASTIC. we even had a Stealth, cargo planes, fighter jets, helicopters, you name it.

there was a lot of walking for me; was SO GLAD to come home that day. but even if i have to lie down on a blanket next year and watch i'd do it in a second.

MAKES YOU VERY PROUD!!! doesn't it??! :)